• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors -Milt Sparks Leather Source?-

NYSharpShooter

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
Indiana
I now have the need for a good IWB as I'll be carrying a commander length 1911 starting this month, and the Milt Sparks VMII seems to be the way to go, but the wait time is just insane! Does anyone know if there's a source for ready to buy Milt Sparks holsters or a forum where they frequently pop up for sale? Thanks for the help, fellas.

Alex

Re: -Milt Sparks Leather Source?-

I second Lightning Arms. The don't ALWAYS have em in stock but they have come thru for me at least 3 different times. Good people. You pay a premium over retail, but the wait is significantly shorter.

TopGun Supply has them once in a great moon. Your best best is probably over on 1911.com in the for sale section. There are lots of posts for sale but you have to grab them QUICK!

The wait time is insane at Milts but they do a great job with minimal crew. Find one for your 1911 (as I did) then go ahead and put your order in for others you want. When the 6 month mark hits and you box arrives you feel like you hit the lottery.

Brownells stocks the Summer Special II for Glocks & 1911s if that will work for you.

Thanks guys, I'll pursue the Lightning route today. As for the brand, it's a Smith & Wesson 1911PD, the 4.25" commander with the scandium frame. Absolutely love the pistol, now just need a great way to carry it.

FWIW you can have top gun supply email you when they get specific milt sparks holsters in stock, and if your cell phone carrier has email to txt option you can essentially get a cell phone txt when it's in stock as well.

I've had no problems picking up 3 vmII's this way over the last year from top gun, and could have picked up many more, with less wait and only slightly more expense than ordering direct. I tried surfing the for sale boards for awhile but unless you are there in 5 minutes or less of the posting forget it.

Good heads up, Todd, still waiting for Lightning to open for the week, trying them, and if they don't have it, I'm giong to do just what you said with Top Gun. If only the Supertuck wasn't do damn ugly, hahaha.

Alex

I just sucked it up and ordered my VM2 last month. Only 5 more months to go. LOL.

I found a place where I can get it in Cordovan, I just REALLY don't want damn Cordovan! Bahhh, I may just bite the bullet and get it, regardless of the damn color.

Buy the Cordovan one, then order the one you really want. When the ordered one shows up in about July you can just sell the Cordovan one.
smile.gif

Yep, just called to purchase it, well pre-purchase it and now they're telling me they can't do that. Before, a woman said I could pre-buy the holster since it's on it's way, now a man is telling me I can't do that and will just have to sit on the notification list and take my chances... like every other person on that list isn't going to call the second they're notified. I guess if that doesn't pan out, it's back to sitting and waiting or buying the 5Shot LA-CCS for $40 MORE but getting it now. A side of me wants to just buy a Crossbreed SnapSlide and wear my pistol OWB until I can finally find what I want.