• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Miltec-1

sapper12b

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2009
Wyoming
Who all uses Miltec-1? Is it good stuff, and how many application do you put on before you get that smooth action?

Re: Miltec-1

I think its great. started using it in Iraq and continued using it in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, it's hard as hell to find in the States. It attracted way less dust and gunk than Break Free. To me, it was a superior product in the battle field. And, God Bless the company, they would send a bottle to any soldier in theater, just for the asking. Just for that, If I ever see a bottle in a store, I buy it. I just cant find many stores that carry it. I used it on my M-4 and my Barrett. And I use it on every weapon I have at home. Its the basic "good for cold sores, sore holes and toilet bowls". Use it, and you wont be disappointed.

Very good stuff, I use it on my Glocks and M4. It almost works too well I put it on my 21" ASP thinking I could cut off some of this Gulf Coast rust inducing moisture. It did such a good job that when the ASP was deployed it would simply collapse when inverted. I degreased it and much to my surprise it did not help much but my ASP will stay deployed. Milspec 1 was applied over 18 months ago with no other lubricant and it still works like a champ with not a spot of rust on it anywhere and it sees the humidity and rain here every night at work. I highly recommend it.

It really works as advertised. I used my wife's blowdrier to heat activate it. Unfortunately I had to stop using it because because I was getting rust spots on my LMT. After doing some searching, I found out that it isn't real good in the rust prevention department. In area like Iraq, it isn't a pro lem, but in NJ it isn't working out for me, which is a shame because I really like it.

It's really GTG , I do not use anything else to lube my ARs & handguns since a long time ago , in every weather & environment .

PP out

It is truly excellent stuff!! I have used it for about two years and there is nothing else out there that works as well!!

FWIW...MidwayUSA carries Militec-1 products in various sizes and they are usually in stock.

Military active and retired can order direct from Militec cheaper than can get online or in a store. Free shipping to military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as oil go's, its not bad... as a rust prevention, its sucks...

</div></div>
How well do you find the eezox works. I read it is one of the best for rust prevention. How is it for lubrication?

I use it mostly on my handguns.
Especially my tighter built 1911's .
Works fine for me.
A lot of new handguns are smothered in Militec.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as oil go's, its not bad... as a rust prevention, its sucks...
</div></div>
How well do you find the eezox works. I read it is one of the best for rust prevention. How is it for lubrication?</div></div>

not great for lube, to thin, but ok bore solvent, GREAT for rust...

Miltec is the shit when you apply it properly. Clean your firearm, apply to all lube parts, heat to operating temperature with a heat gun, repeat three times. Keep in mind that this stuff is a dry lube, after curing there shouldn't be any liquid. Also note that miltec isn't CLP, or solvent or rust preventative. Just lubricant

I use it. If you keep the part wet, it will prevent rust like CLP.

I don't mess with the "treating" deal. I just lube it up and use it.

I use Militec on pretty much all of my firearms where "oil" type lube is required. I use TW25b where grease is required.

I love it. I starting using it in Iraq and found that it kept my M4 and M9 from building up that fine powder dust. It made them operate smoother and fixed dust related jamming.

I also agree that it sucks for rust prevention. You need to add something else as a rust preventer.

When I initually treat my guns, I soak my parts in it and then put all the metal parts in the oven on a cookie sheet for a half hour on 150 degrees or so. Works really well.