• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Minnesota --> Where to shoot . . .

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Somewhat new to shooting; a few years, and the longest range I've enjoyed is 200 yards at the Oakdale Gun Club. It's perfect for me and my Savage MKII . . .

But I'm building something with a bit more umph, and I'm looking to take it quite a bit further.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good long range in Minnesota, the closer to Minneapolis, the better?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Minnesota --> Where to shoot . . .

I hear ya, I am in MN and looking for the same. I know of a 1000 yard range located near Harris, MN. It is about an hour north of the cities. It is called the Gopher Rifle & Revolver Club.

Also, during the summer, there are a few matchs in Elk River that range from 300-600 yards.

Tom

you guys should check out the MN members thread, there is info about a match in Princeton that happens every 3 weeks on sundays, next one will be the 10th...

Steve

Is a person able to go there and just watch? Dumb question I know but I am very new to alot of this.

yeah you could, but it is by no means competetive, its a great way to introduce yourself to longer range shooting because its very laid back, plus theres' always plenty of helpful people to kinda show you the ropes

what part of the state are you from? i've got a 1000+ yard range at my place just north of Cambridge, if you know where that is. Some freinds and I shoot all the time out here, if your interested you could probably swing out and shoot with us sometime.

Steve

Minnesota is a great state for long range shooting there are 600 yard maximum range KD ranges in Elk River and Red Wing and a 1,000 yards max range KD in Harris.

A good way to get involved is through the Princeton shoots in the Winter and then in Spring and Summer Elk River has an F-class league that shoots every at 300 and 600 yards on alternate weeks. Shooting in the matches and leagues is a great way to learn more about shooting and you may be amazed how fast you can become competitive.

Get out and shoot and all other things become simpler.

hey guys. just joined the hide recently and i thought i would introduce myself. My name is Matt im from Saint Joseph MN 22 years old and I am currently serving over in the sandbox with the 34th ID (Red Bulls) Ive just started doing more shooting in the last 2 years recently wanting to start long range shooting. SO far 420 is the farthest me and my buddy have been able to shoot. Is there anyone around saint cloud or the north metro? Always looking for new shooting partners and somone to learn the ropes from. Also looking for somewhere to shoot out to a thousand. I hope I will get the pleasure of hearing from a few guys in minnesota. Good day to all.