• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Minox Spotter Review

HOGGHEAD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Rivesville, WV
I have been in the market for a new range spotter for a couple of years. I have been currently using a straight 25X Leupold Gold Ring, but was wanting to upgrade. I wanted to buy a Swaro. or Zeiss, but I just did not pull the trigger. This spotter is going to be range usage mostly(but maybe not). So I have been shopping for a good deal. I ran across some Minox "show specials". I bought the new Minox 20-45X for $449. This is glass that normally runs over $800. But You guys know how the economy is.

So I received my new spotter. And I set it up in the living room, and was looking out the front window. This is not a real good test, but it is a decent test. There is a Sycamore tree at about 175 yards out. And a Sycamore Tree is great for testing glass because the bark is different colors. Not only could I see the different colors in the bark. But when I looked at a leaf, I could see the veins in the leaf. I was pretty impressed by that. Hopefully I can get it to the range and see what the bullet holes look like at 400 and 500 yards.

A friend of mine came over and played with it a bit. When he was done he had a new name for the spotter. He called it "The Hubble". And that is the nick name for my Swaro. binoculars. So now I guess we have "Hubble 1", and "Hubble 2". Tom.

Re: Minox Spotter Review

I have both the straight ED glass and angled ED versions.

I have compared them to Leupold 25x50 (old versions), Leupold 15-25 gold ring, Leupold Wind River, Bausch&Lomb Elites, and Meopta. My preference has been the Minox spotters.

Just my unprofessional 2 cents.

By the way - this is my first post. I have been lurking for awhile and learning from
the successes and mistakes of others!

I also have just recieved my 62W 20-45....Very good bit of kit

I like the slide out sunshade, Quite compact for a 62. manages to clearly make out the wingnuts on a TV arial on the roof of a house @265 yrds...look forward to testing it in the feild

Quite a nice cary bag as well

Doug even included a hat
smile.gif

P7270002.jpg

Might put a bit more info when it is feild tested but it kicked the arse of the windriver spotter I had...right out to touch
grin.gif

I did a couple of pics through the spotter for zoom reference
Please not they are not in focus......and movment was an isue as well....The actual spotter view is clear compaired to these, I find it easier to get clear images through a scope than a spotter (I gues because the scope has 4" of eye relief)....camera strugled to focus....these are the better ones that I took...some were shockers
blush.gif

The first in just under 300 yrds
P7270097.jpg

P72700992.jpg

and this tree is 596 yrds away....once again you get a better image than in the pic (upper end of the tree)

P7270100.jpg

P7270103.jpg