• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MISSOURI - Rolling Hills PUBLIC Steel Tactical Match, Saturday, Oct 11, 10AM

riffraff

Sergeant
Minuteman
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:

By popular demand, we will hold another PUBLIC steel tactical match on Saturday, October 11th at 10AM at Rolling Hills Rifle and Pistol Club. Everyone is welcome.

We have a great format for you this time...you will not be disappointed!

BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND WATER.....soft drinks and snacks are available in the clubhouse as well.

Fee is $30.....or free for Rolling Hills members.

The first stages will be held on the main platform. Cold bore will be at the Hostage target (400 yards), followed by 3 simultaneous stages -- a 400-900 yard precision stage, the Headhunter stage from 375-750 yards, and the ever-popular 'Know Your Limits' diamonds at 475 yards.

Then we will move down to the barricades for the three Designated Marksman stages -- 'Black and White Stripes', Orange and White Stripes', and the Stacked Steel Culverts....you KNOW the drill!

No match would be complete without fabulous prizes. The Twinkies were a big hit last time, but Sean Hagerty got a stomach ache and said "we can do better!" So.... we have pulled out all the stops, and will bring you the very finest.......JELLY DOUGHNUTS!!!!! Woohoo!!

Don't miss out on the chance to try out Missouri's premier steel range. Bring at least 60 rounds (NO MAGNUM CALIBERS!!)

COME JOIN THE FUN!

Our Location: https://goo.gl/maps/K2QEy

JellyDonutXL.jpg

Rolling Hills Rifle and Pistol Club is the best steel tactical range within hundreds of miles. It is located 12 miles west of Camdenton, MO.

Rolling Hills features:

Ranges up to 1100 yards for rifle, pistol and carbine
40 steel targets from 250 to 1100 yards
A paper range with hangers from 100 to 400 yards
Short and medium range paper and steel targets for pistol and rimfire
Climate controlled clubhouse
Covered firing positions, barricades, benches and other unique firing
supports
Open seven days a week for members. Memberships are $275 annually.
Members receive 12 'Guest Passes' per year...bring your friends!
Frequent 'Members Only' matches

Our Location: https://goo.gl/maps/K2QEy

Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rhrpc

To get a membership now, contact Brian at: [email protected]

Ammo: Bring 60+ rounds just to make sure you have enough. Most stages allow an unlimited round count, limited by time.

Restrictions: .30 caliber max, 3100 fps muzzle velocity speed limit, NO MAGNUM CALIBERS, no steel or steel core ammo (m855, Russian ammo, etc.) ….help keep our steel targets in good shape!

CATEGORIES:

Open
Limited (800 yards max for scoring)
MilSpec (800 yards max for scoring)
GasGun (600 yards max for .223 scoring, 800 yards max for other calibers)

IMG_0245b_1.jpg

P1030741.JPG

img80.png

img76.png

img142.png

Last edited:
I'm going to have to start sweet talking the wife again to make it to this one. Maybe I'll finally get my 6.5 creedmoor finished for this one and improve on my 5th place finish from last time.

Ken, Jimmy, Jeff are you guys coming down for this one or the cash payout match in November?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken, Jimmy, Jeff are you guys coming down for this one or the cash payout match in November?

I am planning on both myself, most likely Jimmy will as well.

Ken is not invited back....damn ringers.

Well I may set this Oct. match out since I still haven't received my 6.5 creedmoor barreled action from the NWP group buy. I'm supposed to get it next week, but that doesn't leave much time for collecting dope. Unless I do like Jeff did at the last rolling hills match and collect dope while we shoot the match, haha. Sad thing is he still got 3rd.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one. No ammo loaded and no time to load it......Plus, i don't have my new loading bench built yet. But the jelly doughnuts are a definite step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one. No ammo loaded and no time to load it......Plus, i don't have my new loading bench built yet. But the jelly doughnuts are a definite step in the right direction.

Excuses are only good to a maximum effective range of of ZERO!! Load ammo

Bring your butt out there. Bring Jelly Doughnuts too.

Well we bought a house an are moving next weekend so we can get away from florissant/furgeson area. Next match I'll try to make for certain.

As we approach this momentous event, feel free to talk a bit of smack.

Buzz was talking like he might shoot this one, so you clowns can expect an easy win.

You dog!!

Ooh, ooh, I have one...what is the difference between a cactus and a submarine?

....A cactus has the pricks on the outside!

....that's for all you Navy types!

...ready for incoming....

Range Update:

It won't be available for this match but we now have our new sheets of armored steel that are 3 feet high by 8 feet wide at the fabricators...we will be using them at the 1000 and 1100 yard distances. They are big enough that we will be able to paint two Silhouettes on each one, with scoring zones. We will install them later this month.

Also, I would highly encourage any of you that are financially able to please renew or obtain a range membership at Rolling Hills range. Brian has done a tremendous amount of work to improve the range this year, and it shows. There have been numerous upgrades to the target arrays, the shooting platform, a benchrest, and many other items.

It takes a healthy number of memberships to keep a range viable... There are many expenses...liability insurance, mowing, target replacement, lumber, paint, etc. ...keep your range strong by getting or renewing a membership today!

Buzz and I talked it through today, we will shoot no matter, rain or shine. If it rains really really bad, we will go to the clubhouse and watch chick flicks.

sounds good. i'll bring my shooting stuff, and my copy, er... my friends copy of mean girls that way i'm prepared for all situations. Thanks

What time do these shindigs usually wrap up (generally speaking)? Thinking about making the trek down from East-Central Iowa, would like an idea of what to plan for time wise, since staying overnight is not possible this trip. Thanks.

We generally get done about 1-2 pm, it usually doesn't last any longer than that. Afterwards we generally hang out and just do some long range playing for a bit. We would be very happy to see you.

Sean

Thanks for the reply, hoping to make it.

Good News:

The rains are done for a while! The forecast for tomorrow shows only a 10% chance of rain when we start at 10AM.... It should be a perfect day for shooting....some cloud cover to keep mirage down...temperatures of 51 degrees when we start, 58 degrees when we finish. Winds will be light, about 8 mph out of the northeast. Density altitude 750 when we start, 1250 when we finish.

It is going to be great weather, so come on out!

Will be making the trek from Iowa, bringing my bro with me. Looking forward to a good shooting day!

Thanks for running a such a fun match once again. Anyone that hasnt made the trip to this range really needs to, the atmosphere is great and the range is legit.

I thought I had the reigning champ by the balls the whole match. I only dropped 3 shots the whole freaking day......I was on fire and I swore it was gonna be a long ride home for ole Jimmie boy. Then that damn rooftop stage came up and Jimmie went ape shit running that bolt like a gas gun. I saw buzz on the spotting scope thinking "Who the fuck brought the machine gun out?!?!"

Sigh.....second place it was for me. The sad part is that I could have shot a perfect match and hit every single target and I still would have came in 2nd.

Oh well, theres always next month.

I'll second the bolt running faster than shit on that stage.

Good time shooting on this great range, well worth the 5.5 hour drive! Thanks one and all for making it happen, and especially for the opportunity to get solid dope out to 1000 yds afterwards!!

Good times. Thanks to everyone for coming out. It is always a pleasure seeing everyone. If you are driving long distances, Brian has a bunk house on site, that would let you break up the drive. Just a thought to keep in mind for next time. I would recommend leaving Jimmy there next time if he wins.

I got lazy last night and didnt post scores, but I will get them posted today. Justin took a large number of pictures, they will be posted in a few days, but we will get them posted as well.

I am not certain what the dates are for the next match, but we will post a schedule here.

We can't leave Jimmy out..... Someone needs to keep Buzz up on his counting skills.

I was laughing watching him try to keep track of his hits on that rooftop. The guy runs a bolt as fast as I can pull a trigger.

Hopefully we won't have to wait for next spring for a get together. Praying for a light winter.

Thanks for a wonderful match. Nice range you have and was a fun match to shoot. Dusty and Sean thanks for giving up showing us all up and running the match for us. Maybe next time I will let the hostage live. Maybe. Thanks for the invite and lesson.

Thanks to all for putting on another great match! It's great to see new faces each time.

These matches are a great way to get introduced to competitive precision shooting. You get to figure out what works and what doesn't work, and work out strategies that will carry over from one competition to the next.

Hope to see everyone at the next match!