• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Midway USA Sale Athlon Midas BTR 4.5-27x 30mm tube $339 free shipping

That is a great deal. Wish they had moa. Real reticle measurement is 15 power. Use the athalon washer kit for 0 stop. I have one of these in moa on an elk hunting rifle and it has stood up to a lot of abuse hunting in the mountains

As a long standing supporting vendor here it would be our pleasure to match this price for you guys.
We have the 1-6x24 MOA's in both reticles offered, the 2.5-15x50's in both MOA and MIL in all reticles offered as well as the 4.5-27x50 In both of the MIL reticles

Just give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we will get one on the way to you

Last edited:
I saw they had an moa 4.5x27 ares for 680 with free shipping so I went that route instead.

I have the MOA version on my .22 bench rifle and I've been very happy with it so far. Not a lot of abuse on a
22, I know, but it tracks true. I took it out a few weeks back specifically to confirm tracking again and it passed 2 box tests perfectly. If I needed another target scope I'd be all over that deal.

That is a great deal. Wish they had moa. Real reticle measurement is 15 power. Use the athalon washer kit for 0 stop. I have one of these in moa on an elk hunting rifle and it has stood up to a lot of abuse hunting in the mountains
The interior of the Midas BTR turret doesn't quite work out with the Washer kit. The Washer kit is intended for the Argos BTR and the Talos BTR.

The new Midas TAC (FFP) does have an actual precision zero stop system. It's definitely worth a look!

Is there a clear winner between the Midas 4.5-27 and the 2.5-15?

Midway has some of the 2.5-15x50's for $310 right now.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...15x-50mm-side-focus-illuminated-reticle-matte
I suppose that depends on your intended purpose and shooting style preferences. The reticles are valid at 15x on both models. So if you plan on relying on the reticle, and you don't shoot over 15x, maybe the 2.5-15x is the winner for you. I use 15x on a 6-24x50 Helos BTR for 1,000 yard shots quite often since it doesn't accentuate my heart beat and it's easier to see through mirage.

Does anyone know how accurately the turrets track? Between the Midas and a SWFA 10x which would be better for a beginner.

Bought one for the same price from Doug at Cameralandny

Should be here next week. Seriously considering another one at this price

As a long standing supporting vendor here it would be our pleasure to match this price for you guys.
We have the 1-6x24 MOA's in both reticles offered, the 2.5-15x50's in both MOA and MIL in all reticles offered as well as the 4.5-27x50 In both of the MIL reticles

Just give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we will get one on the way to you
Doug,

Can you compare the SFP midas to the SFP SWFA 3.5-15 Classic? The SWFA, on sale, is about $100 more. I'm curious about the reliability of the turrets, as well as the glass and other features you may want to comment on. Thanks very much.

Bought one for the same price from Doug at Cameralandny

Should be here next week. Seriously considering another one at this price

Do you have the time and ability to do a box test and post the results. I have seen the Cronus pass a box test but nothing on the Midas.

Do you have the time and ability to do a box test and post the results. I have seen the Cronus pass a box test but nothing on the Midas.

I don't think Doug does much shooting, too busy selling. Next time out I will do a box test. But my dope has been true since I put it on my Vudoo and always returns to zero. I have not confirmed turrets to reticle but plan on doing that as well.

Doug,

Can you compare the SFP midas to the SFP SWFA 3.5-15 Classic? The SWFA, on sale, is about $100 more. I'm curious about the reliability of the turrets, as well as the glass and other features you may want to comment on. Thanks very much.
I’m a big SWFA fan, but the glass on the 3-15 leaves a bit to be desired. I would imagine the glass on the Midas is better, although I haven’t looked through one.

On the Midas BTR 4.5-27x50 how is the glass clarity as it gets above 20x still clear and crisp or does it start to loose resolution as you move up to 27x
I do understand this is a 300.00 dollar price range scope. I think....? I'm more inclined to go with the 2.5 to 15x version. any opinions would be helpful.

Regards

From what I understand, maybe the Athlon rep here can correct me if I'm mistaken, the Midas has the same HD glass as the Ares. Only difference is focal plane.

I briefly owned and Ares that I mounted on a rebarreled Ruger RPR. The RPR had an issue and went to Proof for testing. Turns out the barrel was fine, the brake was the culprit. Anyways, I had a brand new Ares mounted but decided to sell everything as I had moved on to a Bergara.

I looked through the Ares and remember being impressed with the glass. It compared well to my buddy's PST Gen 2. Here is a pic of a water tower over 1000 yards away.....maybe 1800 yards. I lazed it once with the Sig Kilo and got an easy reading. Anyways, the CA in the cell phone pic was not visible to the eye. Must be a scope lens through camera lens thing. Nice reticle and very bright, sharp image. As mentioned, I was impressed.

This is on 27X

thumbnail (1).jpg

Oh wow... that is more than acceptable at 27x @1800 yds In my prime laying prone in a sling with a 24x Unertl it was just alittle to much each time I tried, and ended always shooting a 20x unertl in the scope matches. I would like to try F-TR or TR , and with a bipod and bag 27x might not be to bad. That F class x-ring is very very small LOL. Anyways thankyou for that pic it's worth more than a 1000 words.

Regards

I grabbed a like new one from another board seller and slapped it on my Ruger .22. So far,very happy...

Attachments

• IMG_7274.JPG
    IMG_7274.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
From what I understand, maybe the Athlon rep here can correct me if I'm mistaken, the Midas has the same HD glass as the Ares. Only difference is focal plane.

I briefly owned and Ares that I mounted on a rebarreled Ruger RPR. The RPR had an issue and went to Proof for testing. Turns out the barrel was fine, the brake was the culprit. Anyways, I had a brand new Ares mounted but decided to sell everything as I had moved on to a Bergara.

I looked through the Ares and remember being impressed with the glass. It compared well to my buddy's PST Gen 2. Here is a pic of a water tower over 1000 yards away.....maybe 1800 yards. I lazed it once with the Sig Kilo and got an easy reading. Anyways, the CA in the cell phone pic was not visible to the eye. Must be a scope lens through camera lens thing. Nice reticle and very bright, sharp image. As mentioned, I was impressed.

This is on 27X

View attachment 6905732
Na
They pass box tests in QC and in my experience on my firearms. Every scope i mount on my firearms get a box test and a tall target test. If it doesn't pass, we would be happy to check it out and correct it for you

Reactions: Shawn1492
Okay I'm back..0915hrs just ordered a Midas 2.5-15x50 MOA version $339.00 with free shipping from Cameraland. Doug was out for the day. i spoke with Neil super nice, taking care of my order.

I need to find someone at my local range so I can lay down prone and shoot at 600yds with the 4.5-27x50 version. I will see if I can make that happen this week, if it will ever stop raining, been Like 7 days straight now.

Regards

Last edited:
Looks like my 4.5-27 will be here tomorrow. I've only had a few decent optics and the only thing I've currently got to compare it to is a Steiner T5xi 3-15. I had a Bushnell HDMR II for a little while as well.

FWIW Athlon is upgrading the turrets on the Ares and the Midas TAC scopes have the new/better turret design with a good zero stop. Still for the money, these seem like a good deal. They're about half the price you can find a Ares currently and it's going to have the original style turrets.

I bought this scope last week from Cameraland.... before it went on sale. LOL!

I mounted it on an AR Sunday and took it out. Incredible value for the money. Went from 100 to 600 yards. It tracked perfectly out and back at 100 yard increments. Glass is good. Reticle at 15x was true.

I also had a Vortex Viper and a Burris XTR ii with me. I liked the Athlon at least as much as either of the others...... probably better.

Received. I'll be returning it.

Nice box, Glass looked good. Turrets are very easy to adjust. Audible clicks, but they need more resistance. If they are going to be that easy to adjust they should be capped IMO.

I'll spend a few more bucks and get one of the Midas tac models or wait for the Ares ETR.

Last edited:
Received. I'll be returning it.

Nice box, Glass looked good. Turrets are very easy to adjust. Audible clicks, but they need more resistance. If they are going to be that easy to adjust they should be capped IMO.

I'll spend a few more bucks and get one of the Midas tac models or wait for the Ares ETR.
The Midas TAC and ARES ETR both have more resistance than the Midas BTR. I agree, resistance on the Midas BTR made it a bench rest scope (also, second focal is a plus in that instance) IMO.

Well..... got my Midas scope 2.5-15x50 last Sunday mounted it on a Win mod 70 L/A 308 win with a Obermeyer BBL

The optics are excellent far more than I expected.
The Diopter is excellent, allowing the reticle to be made sharp and clear
Parallax adjustment seems to be accurate out to 200 yds not having a chance yet to do 300 yds, 600yds, etc.
The click stops are crisp, and tracks accurately when put through the paces on my collimiter

The click stops should require more resistance to turn,... based on the fact it does not have tower caps
The IR reticle assembly..... sticking out the side of the parallax adjustment is what I found to be most annoying, reminding me of the Kick starter on a 69 Triumph Bonneville. I was confident I would not like this prior to purchase, as I studied the scopes features.
This location is far superior to having it back on the ocular however. I have never been a IR reticule guy, even in the lowest of light conditions if I could ID my target, I never had a problem finding my crosshair. Now this is simply my opinion, not meant to sway anyone from purchasing the scope if you feel you need, or would like a scope with the IR reticle.

As I type this, it is very very hard not to buy a second one at this price from Camerland. This really is a very nice scope having a lot of features I really like. Very nice glass, 30mm tube, side mount parallax adjustment and a very nice diopter adjustment.

The version I bought is the MOA version SFP which is my preference.

My version of perfection would be this same scope delete the IR reticle assembly firm up the click stops or simply put caps on the towers and use a 600yd zero (308win)

This simply is a awesome scope, maybe I will buy a second one before the day is over

Regards

Last edited:
I ordered a 2.5x15 and a 4.5x27 from cameraland. The 2.5x15 I have only minted and looked through and I was impressed with the glass. 4.5x27 should be here this week or next.