• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 1 Range report...

BaileyMoto

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
Basra, Iraq.
www.mk12.net
Long time past due, but here is what I was able to do today at the range. Keep in mind that this is severely handicapped by the person behind the trigger (me). After a bit of practice, I'm thinking I can clean up the 100 yard groups a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 stage LMT trigger so far, but I see a upgrade in the near future.

Range was about 85-90 degrees with a 5-7mph wind.

The groups below were shot off a bipod.

Also, I was surprised that the cheap Hornady Training rounds did as well as the SMK's at 100. Didn't get a chance to shoot the Hornady's out to 200, maybe tomorrow.

angle.jpg

range8-5.jpg

Re: Mk12 Mod 1 Range report...

Dude, shoot some five or ten shot groups. Three shot groups are okay, but they don't really give you the best data.

I like to shoot 10-15 shot groups, subtract out the two worst shots, and calculate an average. This is the method I like to use when determining my best handloads.

To me, that method eliminates any of my human error. It also eliminates any accuracy issues associated with whether the bullet was loaded manually via the charging handle, the first shot, or the last shot of the magazine (which has been proven to affect accuracy).

Regardless, nice work and a beautiful weapon. Keep it up.