• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk13 scope

matt452326

Private
Minuteman
May 14, 2021
NC
I picked up a NF 2.5-25×50 f1 mil scope with special rangefinding reticle and bdc turret on bottom it has usa special ops contract. The rangefinder goes up to 1000yds and under the line at each 100yds is a small circle. The circle represents the 18in torso of the upper body minus the head so just fit the torso to the right circle and then dial in the yardage on the turret. Obviously you need to know the exact load data i got this from a spec ops navy guy. Anyone know the exact load data for the 190gr smk? Or is it worth even havinh

Thanks

Matt

I picked up a NF 2.5-25×50 f1 mil scope with special rangefinding reticle and bdc turret on bottom it has usa special ops contract. The rangefinder goes up to 1000yds and under the line at each 100yds is a small circle. The circle represents the 18in torso of the upper body minus the head so just fit the torso to the right circle and then dial in the yardage on the turret. Obviously you need to know the exact load data i got this from a spec ops navy guy. Anyone know the exact load data for the 190gr smk? Or is it worth even havinh

Thanks

Matt
S

Thanks

Matt
Im sorry the scope is a 5.5-22×56 f1

Generally, the A191 and mk248 mod 1 loads (190smk) are quoted as having a mv of 2950-3000 fps. Your own mv, conditions/atmospherics will dictate how close it aligns with the bdc on your elevation turret.

Thanks i was told they use h1000 would you know what brass or primers or grains of h1000

Thanks

Thanks i was told they use h1000 would you know what brass or primers or grains of h1000

Thanks
Mk248 mod 0 and 1 use h1000 however I wouldn’t necessarily simply duplicate those loads as they are spec to run at 78000 psi, far exceeds saami so your gun would need to have a chamber designed for such pressures. The mk13s (mods 5 & 7) use the mk248 mod 1 reamer while the prior variants use the A191.

You should be able to get 2900 fps with 190 smks in your win mag via normal load development and a SAAMI chamber but as always, work up carefully.

Google search mk248 mod 1 specifications and you should find the DOD/NAVSEA literature out there, one is a ppt deck the other is more of a white paper that has some of that load information.

I'm sorry but the scope is sold I used the nightforce nxs 5.5-22 scope the same one that Chris Kyle used and it was a great scope b7t had a 1moa adjustment knob which was great for quick operation but not so great for precision rifle adjustment. So I sold it