• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MOA base dimensions questions

tmshot

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
PA
I recently purchased a picatinny/weaver base for a Remington 700SA from a friend of mine that was not using it. He didn't know it was a MOA angled base, but it is clearly .10" taller in the back than in the front. Does anyone know what MOA base this is?
Can anyone give the dimmensions of a 10 MOA and/or a 20 MOA base or direct me how to figure it out?

I tried searching for the answer to this question but couldn't find it. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: MOA base dimensions questions

20moa approx 20.94" at 100yds
For a 6" long base this would translate to approx. 0.035" difference in height from front to back for 20moa

Just having that dimension from somebody else base wont help unless you compare both ends and subtract the difference, even then the length would have to be the same. You're best bet it to go to their website and actually look up that base's dims or check another weaver base at the store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oud272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20moa approx 20.94" at 100yds
For a 6" long base this would translate to approx. 0.035" difference in height from front to back for 20moa</div></div>

Thanks for the info, I believe it is a 6" base. I will need to remeasure tonight.