• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Moa rails/bases

hrsuhd

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
My new fcp-k in ,308
should be here on friday how important is an added moa rail for me? I more than likley won't shoot more than six hundred yds( maybe after lots of practice Ill try longer ranges
),until now Iv never gone further than 450 and that was with a wards wetern field .308.

Re: Moa rails/bases

Better to get it now and be used to it than switch it in at a later time and mess up your setup and shooting position. My .02 cents

2 quick important questions...

What kind of scope are you planning on running?

What range do you want to zero your rifle?

Some scopes dont have enough adjustment to get to a 100 yard zero with added MOA bases.

Mid range vortex to start and a 200 yrd zero to start Until now its been Kentucky windage past about 300 so I am very new to alot of this equipment.
I have a friend that will help me with a lot of it but he goes whole hog and I have to do things in phases so the more options/information
the better.

I would get a 20MOA base, short range should be fine & when you want to reach out farther you will be set.

I agree. You will be just fine with the Vortex and a 20 MOA base with a 200 yard zero. Since the rifle doesn't come with a base already, you might as well buy one now so you won't have to buy another later.

My buddy is just getting into long range with a 308, he went out after asking me a lot of questions and was hitting 4-500 Yds, then all of a sudden I get a call and he tells me he can't dope to 600 Yds and what should he do, he asks if lower rings will help, I told him to go get a 20 moa base, today he called me and was so excited, he hit his gong 3 times at 1000 Yds, he said this sure is addicting LOL get the 20 moa base now and enjoy that 1000 yrd hit, it wont be long till your there

Got everything together went with an egw 20 moa base burris extreme rings and a 10x 42 super sniper from sfwa have only taken it out twice to sight in and play with the target turrets ect. When we mounted the scope we forgot to boresight and still started hitting paper in under ten rounds took me a few to find out where I was hitting and adjust.
Might hit an actual range this week instead of shooting off my truck and see what happens