• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mob fires on vehicle in Utah

G17 with +2 and one in the chamber stuck between the seat and console. Plain ole trij hd sights. Nothing wrong with 20 rds of 9mm w/o a mag change.

Reactions: Bender
None of you "mention" the soft body armor visibly worn by protester #3, right of protester #pistol....

And should you realize they are not just armed, but armored, perhaps you might alter your ammunition choices.

These are not open air soft targets any more.

Become more educated and erudite in your threat assessments.

And understand hitting center mass is hard enough under stress, much less under fire, and even soft armored targets may require a higher level of accuracy so practicing with your pdw versus net talking is.....

Locally, in fly over deep south, and found nowhere on any news source, known only to the three victim families and LE, a couple of antifarians went for a country ride, and shot up three large "barns, shops, shelters" because of the "appearance"....... "APPEARANCE" of old money wealth, much like the antifarianz,blm-ists who burned an antebellum home, (Phenix City, AL) because of its "monument" appearance and ties to slavery.....
One resident chased the antifarianz who shot up his property but lost them in the dust clouds on the dirt road. They were caught because one of the fired on properties had a high quality camera system.... allowing identified shooters.

The antifarianz choice of location, roads, and pre-planned escape routes, INDICATES a much higher level of sophistication than most of these topic posts responses appear to recognize or understand.
DO.NOT.KEEP.UNDERESTIMATING.these.people......
The property owner involved in the initial chase had both knowledge of the area/roads and a viable stable chase vehicle, as well as a higher level of experience, yet was outrun and eluded...

In other things, on places with "history", drive by vandalism on major roadways are picking up, just enough to warn us... perhaps testing owner or LE responses, perhaps not, but a definite uptick. Notable.

Just fyi folks, fyi....
vr

Last edited:
I Think we should all carry everywhere.

Loaded AR pistol in truck with a quick grab of spare mags and little movin fast pack such as what @mcameron was discussing the other day.

Oh yeah, and buy more ammo....

sorry to divert but can someone point me to this discussion of fast packs and such... I came up empty.

We are not all caring rifles and sidearms in our vehicles yet? Shame, shame.
The Comments I read in that article from the Salt Lake Tribune seem to overwhelmingly condemn the DRIVER as the cause of that altercation, and label him as the “bad guy.” That’s both sad and alarming. None of these idiots seem to grasp what often happens to the drivers who find themselves suddenly trapped in these situations.

Flooding the comments section is one of the ways the left tries to influence opinion.

@Spooky68

I've looked through a few RDS's mounted on pistols, but cannot convince myself with my astigmatism they'd be that great for me; and transitioning to another weapon without may become an issue.

I made the transition early this year almost seamlessly in less than 3 weeks with just some dedicated dry fire (15- 30 min a day) to get my presentation from the holster dialed in so that the dot appears at the end of the draw where my eyes are looking.

If you have astigmatism, get it fixed. There's no excuse for not getting corrective lenses that will fix it. I've had it for decades and I just insist that my optometrist be meticulous about that part of my prescription. Unlike a rifle mounted optic, you look at a pistol mounted optic with your head erect and through the optical center of corrective lenses.

A pistol mounted optic is a game changer not just far away but up close as well. You just have to leave behind everything you knew about using pistol sights (where to focus, how to use your eyes, etc).

I have an astigmatism as well. My glasses clear it right up. But I am nearsighted, and shooting pistol while wearing my glasses is in general no good.

If your prescription is correct and you're nearsighted (myopia) you shouldn't have any problem focusing on the target while shooting an RDS-equipped pistol. I have myopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia and have absolutely no trouble running a dot at any distance (wearing my corrective lenses, of course).

You ARE focusing on the target and NOT on the dot, right?

PS, I prefer talking about myopia and hyperopia instead of near and farsightnedness. Most people assume that nearsighted means you can see up close without correction but need correction to clear up distant focus and some people think it means the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonscout25
i heard they arrested 2 antifa protesters tied to this shooting, based on evidence they got from cellphones.
on that topic, i have seen several assaults on white people while "organizers" are screaming at people to stop recording and put their phones away.

One other thing, don't discount what you can do with a good full sized pistol that has a big magazine, a RDS and is loaded with high end hot ammo.
In tight quarters it can sometimes be even quicker to swing around against multiple attackers till you get some space and can pull out the SBR/Rifle.

Even faster if you compete regularly in USPSA and Steel Challenge and develop the skills to be in the top end of B class or higher.

That's a good clue about who should get shot first.

Anyone that acts even remotely like a leader should eat lead immediately.
tbh, i am only assuming they are "organizers" because they are trying to instruct the crowd.

If your prescription is correct and you're nearsighted (myopia) you shouldn't have any problem focusing on the target while shooting an RDS-equipped pistol. I have myopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia and have absolutely no trouble running a dot at any distance (wearing my corrective lenses, of course).

PS, I prefer talking about myopia and hyperopia instead of near and farsightnedness. Most people assume that nearsighted means you can see up close without correction but need correction to clear up distant focus and some people think it means the opposite.
It is fixed as best as can be :(. But, I have one eye that is close to 20/20 but is where the astigmatism is, the other eye is myopic. Dominant eye is the myopic one. If I put my corrective lenses on, I cannot focus on front sight with the correction for the myopia. Such is life when you're past 40 and they eyes go. Technically I could go with progressives, but having tried them once that's not an option for me due to the massive distortion on the edges (like when driving and scanning the side mirrors). I could go bifocals but my doctor said it's pointless since I need only about 0.25 diopters of correction for the myopia.

Pretty much I wear glasses only to meet the legal requirement to drive. Doctor is ok with that. I trust this one too - Mayo grad who walked me through it all. Granted, I didn't go in with a RDS mounted to a pistol or rifle .... LOL.

None of you "mention" the soft body armor visibly worn by protester #3, right of protester #pistol....
And should you realize they are not just armed, but armored, perhaps you might alter your ammunition choices.
And understand hitting center mass is hard enough under stress, much less under fire, and even soft armored targets may require a higher level of accuracy so practicing with your pdw versus net talking is.....

The bad guys being armoured up is something both the LE types and a lot of the aware and thinking good people have been aware of / planning for.

Many folks now practice to automatically hit where the body armour would not be.

That being said, IF you are carrying "the good stuff", a couple shots center mass on their soft body armour is going to generally leave most non combat trained folks much more interested in trying to catch their breath and check for broken ribs than going after you.

Some of them may up to a plate carrier, so even with a SBR / rifle, you still need to practice to hit where it would not be armoured up.

If you look at some of the videos / reports of LE takedowns of shooters or would be shooters, even all armoured up, the criminals were dispatched pretty quickly.

A lot of the idiot class think their body armour will make them invincible. Rather than understanding, it MIGHT help save your life but you really need to try as hard as possible not to get shot in the first place.

Even faster if you compete regularly in USPSA and Steel Challenge and develop the skills to be in the top end of B class or higher.

Honestly in an actual combat situation (discounting the nerves of the reality of being in a real fight) even a high D or C shooter is going to be nearly as effective in terms of speed as a GM, IMO, compared to the average handgun owner who pops off a few rounds in a static environment at paper targets once a week.

USPSA is also what keeps me perpetually amused at the assclowns that claim we need mag restrictions so that someone can "tackle the shooter" while they are reloading...I'm bottom C in Prod & Single Stack and I can reload in 1.5 seconds or less very consistently. GM's well under 1s. Good luck idiots.

Oh...but I have noticed, and I did see it, and I am making adjustments, my Bama brother.
That is why the Match Tan will come out of its nest very soon.

It's time to start carrying what is precise and extremely fast.
Sure its heavy, but those double taps are fast and true.

One of my best friends may read this today, as he often does my posts. I bet he is wishing he had kept his Souped up Tan about right now.

It might get hairy here in a bit. Looks like they are expecting bullets to fly any time now. I think they may be planning this shit eh?

Last edited:
I guess this is the full court press last ditch effort to defeat Trump , at some point our government will collapse in on itself I mean just look at the people who are in office they are insane mostly the left. I feel that will should swallow the pill now under Trump that way he could jail most of the left and take over. The rest who don't conform we start in middle America and drive them east and west to the shores , showing compassion by letting they swim to other country.

This is nothing new just look at the history of other Countries we are not immune from this by no means no matter how much we believe we are.

Best not to watch the news anymore to upsetting to watch our norms be displaced by insanity.
I have been thinking about sharing my thoughts on the situation are Country is currently in. Now I don’t have to. Just read above. Lol

This behavior use to be called something else.

Only difference instead of loot they are strong arming away you rights to life, liberty and..

GRC0107523__67994.1542248101.jpg

Criminals were better people back then at least they wore their Covid19 masks.

• Haha
What exactly are your LEGAL options if you're driving down the street and all of sudden find yourself surrounded by an angry mob of protesters attempting to make you stop.*

*Clearly if there's a gun brandished, EVERYTHING changes. I'm talking no guns (by the mob), just protest signs and acting "angry".

What exactly are your LEGAL options if you're driving down the street and all of sudden find yourself surrounded by an angry mob of protesters attempting to make you stop.*

Curious as well. (Besides slipping my rubicon into 4wd.)

I had to laugh when I heard someone say we won't have those violent protests in Utah, the Governor won't allow it.... then this article came out of the shooting into the car. Utah is not some safe haven where violence doesn't strike. I've seen it over and over again here in Utah.

Reactions: Jgunner
I had to laugh when I heard someone say we won't have those violent protests in Utah, the Governor won't allow it.... then this article came out of the shooting into the car. Utah is not some safe haven where violence doesn't strike. I've seen it over and over again here in Utah.

No state is safe, having a Republican governor doesn't mean shit. Most Republican governors have cowered to the BLM terrorist thugs. In typical Republican fashion, they quickly forget who voted them into office. They seem to care more about what the media thinks of them.

In typical Republican fashion, they quickly forget who voted them into office. They seem to care more about what the media thinks of them.

The stupid Republicans always and I mean always seem to fall for the same trap....
Your sworn enemies tell you you need to be nice to them and do what they say and be all "moderate" and "progressive".
So stupids do so and alienate their own supporters.
Then the enemies you tried to win favour with say... thanks and all but we were never going to vote for you anyways, thanks for the win!

Locally, in fly over deep south, and found nowhere on any news source, known only to the three victim families and LE, a couple of antifarians went for a country ride, and shot up three large "barns, shops, shelters" because of the "appearance"....... "APPEARANCE" of old money wealth, much like the antifarianz,blm-ists who burned an antebellum home, (Phenix City, AL) because of its "monument" appearance and ties to slavery.....
One resident chased the antifarianz who shot up his property but lost them in the dust clouds on the dirt road. They were caught because one of the fired on properties had a high quality camera system.... allowing identified shooters.

The antifarianz choice of location, roads, and pre-planned escape routes, INDICATES a much higher level of sophistication than most of these topic posts responses appear to recognize or understand.
DO.NOT.KEEP.UNDERESTIMATING.these.people......
The property owner involved in the initial chase had both knowledge of the area/roads and a viable stable chase vehicle, as well as a higher level of experience, yet was outrun and eluded...

In other things, on places with "history", drive by vandalism on major roadways are picking up, just enough to warn us... perhaps testing owner or LE responses, perhaps not, but a definite uptick. Notable.

Just fyi folks, fyi....
vr

I saw it, but Im also not convinced it has anything in it just like all of the Antifastan 'security' with their empty plate carriers and all sorts of dumb bullshit. From multiple pics/videos of all the shit across the country, seems some are putting on anything without even knowing what it is or how it works (i.e. no plates).

Regardless, you dont have time to check. On a side note, this is also a reason it slowly started be taught to go 2 rounds into the pelvic region instead of 2 CoM.

Illustrates why a rifle > pistol. That's SBR distance all day. If you live in a state where you can have one out in the vehicle and have enough room, mount it against the dash aiming up where you can easily get it out and pointed. If not, have it barrel forward in the floor board and the stock stuck between the set cushion and console.

Pay attention to your surroundings, especially in something like this. The meer fact that a weapon is out is reason to shoot; if its already being pointed in your direction, weapons free. I'll take my chances with my SBR versus you and your shitty grip and pistol.

Have glasses/eye pro on the vehicle as mounted rule #2 is, always wear some sort of glasses goggles as you/others may be shooting through glass. It's why some of us have clear goggles on even at 3am while wearing nightvision.

P.S. - Stop wearing all multicam to these protests. Good God people.

Oh, and lets play 'find the black people at the BLM protest'

(Rick Egan | The Salt Lake Tribune) Black Lives Matter protesters invited those from the other side to join them, as they gather for a demonstration on the corner of Center Street in Provo, Wednesday July 1, 2020.

*Clearly if there's a gun brandished, EVERYTHING changes. I'm talking no guns (by the mob), just protest signs and acting "angry".
Officer, I saw a gun pointed at me. Prove that it was not one there.

Well, believe it or not it is legal in all 50 states (55 states according to Obama) to use lethal force to defend your life. The only issue is the jury. You have to convince a jury that you felt that your life was so threatened that lethal force was the only option to save your life. While that may not seem like a problem, it really is in this day and age where everyone is posting on social media. If you at any point said something negative about Antifa or BLM on social media, it WILL be used against you in court.

Well, believe it or not it is legal in all 50 states (55 states according to Obama) to use lethal force to defend your life. The only issue is the jury. You have to convince a jury that you felt that your life was so threatened that lethal force was the only option to save your life. While that may not seem like a problem, it really is in this day and age where everyone is posting on social media. If you at any point said something negative about Antifa or BLM on social media, it WILL be used against you in court.
“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. – Benjamin Franklin

12g breacher rds up close does an unimaginable amount of damage.

As in, there is no muscle or fascia to repair and close the wound kind of damage. Was a bit above the pelvis and crazy close range.

@j-huskey - you ever see one upper abd or chest?
Thats where I think they would be effective.
All that power dissipated in 3” and spread out a lot.

The problem has always been that there are no consequences for the financiers of these radical movements. When there ,on RARE occasions have been "setbacks" the radical crap immediately dies on the vine asn the common snowflake has to go fine gainful employment. Or slink back into mommy's basement until the next sugar daddy appears....but now there's waaay too many idiots that just want to see the world burn because unlike some of us, they haven't really been there. Those are the ones I'd like to see dropped off on the tarmac by the planeload in Mogadishu, or Lagos or one of the stans and watch the fun start...

Reactions: TACC and j-huskey
12g breacher rds up close does an unimaginable amount of damage.

As in, there is no muscle or fascia to repair and close the wound kind of damage. Was a bit above the pelvis and crazy close range.

@j-huskey - you ever see one upper abd or chest?
Thats where I think they would be effective.
All that power dissipated in 3” and spread out a lot.

Arm gone at shoulder, bled out 45 seconds.

Focus on the target.

Issue is, when wearing my glasses anything under 3ft or so it kinda blurry. But I do practice with glasses both on and off.

As for RDS in general. You are right about getting the reps to present/point and "bring the RDS" to the eye. This is what is slower for me. Likely if I put in more reps with it I would improve.

My main goto defensive pistol is OS. I have shot it a metric shit-ton and its like it presents and points very natural and without effort.

Perhaps, (and as you alluded) the issue is really just doing the reps with the RDS equipped pistols and I could probably close the gap, at least some.

Perhaps, (and as you alluded) the issue is really just doing the reps with the RDS equipped pistols and I could probably close the gap, at least some.

Not perhaps. That's the only way. You can flatten the learning curve somewhat by choosing a reflex sight with the largest lens possible. Right now that's the Trijicon SRO.

Some sort of pepper bomb on the front of the vehicle could be helpful. I wonder if anyone sells countermeasures like this you can mount to a truck and activate from inside the cab...:unsure:

Reactions: TACC and Eddystone
Some sort of pepper bomb on the front of the vehicle could be helpful. I wonder if anyone sells countermeasures like this you can mount to a truck and activate from inside the cab...:unsure:
I just went and searched.... I found some pepper spray grenades, and some cell extraction spray wands - and then noticed all of that stuff is out of stock. Somebody bought it all up!