• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modding an Accurate Mag w/no binder plate to 2.98" COAL. Possible?

tho98027

Minuteman
Jul 18, 2013
Rocky Mountains
Just wondering if anyone has tried modding an accurate mag 308 w/ no binder plate to achieve a longer coal than the 2.95"? Was wondering if it's possible to get it to 2.98". Has anyone done it? Loading port will be notched to accomodate. Just wondering if it's possible. Seems like I've read somewhere someone has done it but can't find the thread. Shooting a swede improved and an extra 20-30 thousands would help greatly to accommodate 140 sized bullets better. Any ideas or links would be appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Um, all my accurate 300wsm mags, no binder, allow 2.975 with just a bit of clearance between bullet and mag

What coal do you load to? Anything loaded longer than 2.95 and cartridges start binding and don’t feed in my mag. Need more wiggle room to go longer. Just wondering if anyone has maybe opened up the inside lengthwise with a file or some other method that worked.