• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Modern Spartan Systems - Gun Cleaning/Lubrication Systems

Jknox1030

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
I have come across Modern Spartan System's Gun Cleaning/Lubrication Systems a few times, but have never tried it. Does anyone have experience with this?

They claim that it will actually make your rifle more accurate. Not sure if this is true, but is an interesting premise.

The thing that I'm actually most interested in is this.... If this product actually on a molecular level hardens the steel of your barrel, do you think it might prolong barrel life?

I'm about start shooting a new 6mm Tikka T3x and was wondering if it would be a good investment at the very beginning of barrel life?

Thanks guys!

All those claims are 100% bullshit

-Improves accuracy and tightens shot groups about 90% of the time - 9 OUT OF 10 DAIRY FARMERS AGREE, THAT BULLSHIT

-Super smooth action - THATS ANY OIL

-Dramatically improve reliability - virtually eliminates friction related malfunctions - THATS ANY OIL

-Cuts cleaning time by 50-75%- BULLSHIT

-Reduced gumming of sand and dirt - ANY DRY LUBE

-Unaffected by temperature (Middle-East highs of 115°+ to Alaskan lows of -52°)- THATS ANY OIL

-Environmentally and people friendly - SO ITS LIKELY COOKING OIL OF SOME TYPE

-Superior corrosion protection- SUPERIOR TO WHAT?

-Increased muzzle velocity & shooting consistency (lowers standard deviation and spread rate) - BULLSHIT

-Lowers barrel temperatures (up to 30%+ ) ???Reduced maintenance costs (lower wear and tear on components)- BULLSHIT, ALSO WHY THE '?"...ARE THEY ASKING US?

-Restores surface metal imperfections and extends barrel life up to 5X+ - GRADE A 1000% BULLSHIT

-Non-flammable – non-corrosive - IDE HOPE MY OIL ISNT CORROSIVE

-No ethers, graphite, Teflon, zinc, fluoropolymers or molys - ......OK, ARE THOSE BAD FOR SOME REASON?....

-American ingenuity & American made .....ABOUT THE ONLY THING THATS PROBABLY TRUE

i see Rex-Kwon-Do was flogging this bullshit on his channel.....reason enough to avoid it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolomite
nope....based on what ive seen (or in this case, havent seen)......i wouldnt waste my money.

they are making some pretty ballsy claims.....without anything but their word that it word to back it up.

quite frankly....anyone claiming to "extend barrel life 5x" is talking out of their ass