• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Modified Kraft Data Driven Drill - Mind Kraft training session

alexunderfire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2011
Malta, Europe
Well, Inspired buy really great Kraft drill that opened some topics for me, I decided to exploit it even more with few more development stages in the overall process.

Here is how it worked for me:

Prereq: Mark all targets per positions, with additional mark on target that was in focus during Stages 2 (*),3(**),4(***) and 5(****)

1st Stage Kraft drill as initially designed to identify weak points/positions that needs improvement.
Small alteration is to use 4 Kraft targets (one per position). Pasters are good enough.
Number of repetitions: 3 (to obtain accurate info on current skill level as much as possible)

2nd Stage - After identifying position(s) with biggest improvement potential I decided to start with Kraft drill with that position following with other positions. Still with 4 targets (one per position).

Ex. Position with biggest improvement potential - KNEELING (Mark all targets per position and kneeling target as a focus target- in this case it was 2nd so ** )
Distance: 100 yards
Round count:12
String order:
Time:
n/a
a) Start position 5ft from barricade/tripods or whatever you are using.
b) Two rounds kneeling
c) Two rounds standing
d) Two rounds kneeling
e) Two rounds sitting
f) Two rounds kneeling
g) RELOAD
h) Two rounds prone
i) Two rounds kneeling

3rd Stage
Ex.
Position with 2nd biggest improvement potential - STANDING
Distance:
100 yards
String order:
Time:
n/a

String order:

a) Start position 5ft from barricade/tripods or whatever you are using
b) Two rounds standing
c) Two rounds prone
d) Two rounds standing
e) Two rounds kneeling
f) Two rounds standing
g) RELOAD
h) Two rounds sitting
i) Two rounds standing

And so on till you went through all positions. Take your time.

ALWAYS END UP SESSION WITH KRAFT DRILL as a final check up.

FOCUS ON: NPA, "Your" zero, unnecessary rifle interference, group size and group offset at each position, transition from position to position and aftermath analysis of the targets . Time is far from imperative at this stage.

Take a few minutes rest before each string....

Hope it helps.