• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Modifying Manners Elite Stocks?

DeltaRogerVictor

Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
Michigan
Has anybody done any milling, sanding, drilling, grinding etc. on manners elite stocks. I know that you can send it back to manners and they will add just about anything you want. That kind of takes the fun out of it though. Figured I would check here before I ruin a $1200.00 stock. To be more specific, I am interested in opening up a barrel inlet and adding some Arca style plates.

I've sanded on my Manners elite, opened up the ejection port to match my action and also did some work on the barrel channel using a round piece of 1" PVC pipe wrapped in sandpaper. I used a bit of masking tape to mark off the lines on the stock where I wanted to sand out to. It goes pretty quick, the carbon fiber shell is very thin and the rest is a white filler material. No fraying or problems with the shell, the sandpaper and files cut nice clean edge lines. I used flat black spray paint where I had sanded after I was all done. You'd never know it had been worked on.

Reactions: DellaDog
Pics when you do, lol
Sell what you have and buy the one you want, Core or Altus used to offer them. No clue if Manners themselves do.
I just bedded the pillars and am not sure the resale would be there. Plus I haaaate waiting for shit and Manners are impossible to find in stock LA, Clear elite, M5.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
I just bedded the pillars and am not sure the resale would be there. Plus I haaaate waiting for shit and Manners are impossible to find in stock LA, Clear elite, M5.
Understood. Core (Altus) had a SA clear blue, I looked at it for 8 weeks, sometimes twice a week, finally went to buy, it was gone, lol. I haven't pursued again, but SOB, thing grew on me, it would have been sharp.

It sands fine, but IME you’re quickly going to get to white material. I’d imagine sanding off color to just have carbon would be difficult.