• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MOJO Peep Sights

az_paul

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2012
Folks.....I'm thinking about putting a set of MOJO peep sights on the Mosin Nagant 91/30. Just wondering if any of you have tried out those sights on your vintage rifles, and if so, what the results were. Any comments sincerely appreciated.

Re: MOJO Peep Sights

I've used them on a previously owned K98 and AK and find them a joy to use. MOJO absolutely improved the accuracy on both weapons.

I would go for the dual aperture version on a long rifle like yours.

MrSwede.....THANKS! That's what I needed to know. Will give 'em a try and report back.

I have these on my K31. Best money that I ever spent. Makes the rifle much more enjoyable to shoot and much more accurate.

More "Thank You's" to you fine gents! I'll get 'em on order for the Mosin Nagant, and report the results.

I'm bound and determined to make a very accurate shooter out of the 91/30. After the Mojo's, I'll try my luck at a trigger job.

Thanks, again!

Thanks, Tempest 455! That reinforces my decision. I'm looking forward to the comparison.

This is my M44 with a Mojo sight at 100 yard indoor range.

M44_Fireball.jpg

1DSCN7559.JPG

Hello,

While I do not like far-forward peep sights myself, the Arisaka coming immediately to mind, I find a lot of folks do like them, and many more ask for my front sights to complement the rear Mojo.

My tactic is to simply clean up the rear sight on the Mosin, making sure it is a perfect half-circle, and I use that with one of my front sights. As you know, the eye is drawn to the middle of a circle, and I find that mine is drawn to the top of a half-circle.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3B-NWcsn4Vk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3B-NWcsn4Vk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The above video was made to show off the Mosin's potential. It's actually more capable than that, the Finnish M39 having been required to shoot a max of 1.3MOA to even be accepted into service.

The limiting factor in that above video is my eyesight. I have 20/45 or so and refuse to correct it.

Regards,

Josh

MoJo is well worth the money. I added the MoJo front aperture to the rear I have been using. This double aperture works really well with my eye sight. I can focus on the target and the two aperture just naturally line up.

The front has different size screw-in inserts so you can fine tune it to your vision.

M48Amojo03.jpg

M48Amojo01.jpg

M48Amojo02.jpg

Another round of sincere "Thanks!" to you fine gents for your pictures and comments! My Mojo Sights arrived today and I hope to get them installed soon.

Josh, thank you for the info on your sights. As a follow-on to the 91/30, I'm going to be modifying an MN44 for service as a trunk gun. Your sights that work well in low-light situations sound ideal for the job, so you'll be hearing from me shortly.

I just got a dual aperature set for my M96B swede and they were very easy to install and sight in. I will be stretching the old girl out to 500 yards or so this weekend and see how they work.

Pipewhiner...Please post the results. I may do the same for my Swede.

It's basically an MOA rifle at 100....see if it holds up at range.

I shot the ol swede last night at 500. With a little more work on my part it may do better but I averaged just over MOA about 6-7 inch groups. I went up 3 dots and aimed at the top right corner of the target....figured I could bracket that the same each time.