• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moly coated ammunition and barrel break-in

JBurer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2010
From what I've been reading here, it looks like many have had problems with moly coated ammo and have sworn it off.

Looking through my Armalite AR-10T SASS manual, it suggests using this type of round for a faster break-in.
Page 17 - http://www.armalite.com/images/Manuals\sassman1.pdf

Wanted to solicit feedback on your experiences with this rifle and following Armalite's recommendation for break-in.
Thanks,
John

Re: Moly coated ammunition and barrel break-in

No such thing as barrel break in it was a scam made up by a barrel producer to sell more barrels, Google Gale Mcmillan for more info.

Re: Moly coated ammunition and barrel break-in

I go with above - not such beast. I am more than sure that a manufacturer could not tell the difference between a barrel that was broke in per their instructions and one that was not.

I wouldn't use moly on it either. Moly has been proven to add moisture within the barrel. Not worth it to find out if it is true or not.