• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Money guys, splain me, is this total B/S or what?

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
every seven years.................or so........................been thru 3 now.....................weeds out the weak........................

High level response:

We are still the reserve currency for now, and that gives some real advantages, but it has been abused. We are in a recession that is mixed with businesses and government having to refinance debt at a much higher rate. The businesses and lending banks may go under, the government will print more money to keep themselves going. This money printing will not be for you.

China is in a tailspin and is exporting deflation and it is beginning to look like price dumping onto the world. It has gotten so bad new tariffs are being placed on them. My point is that this is a worldwide recession.

CBDCs are around the corner to flush (default) on debt, a reset. So is war it seems.

IMG_3791.jpeg

Found a video that addresses part of what I wrote. Worth the watch

We are already past the point of no return. There is no way out now. Our government has spent us into poverty. It's not if, but when. Keep real assets. Paper assets will be worthless.
there is a guy at work that keeps a silver coin in his pocket and shows it as the only thing that will be worth anything when all fails. Gold/silver.
I carry a SIG Custom Works coin. I take mine out and tell him this will TRUMP all when the time comes. He usually agrees with me, then tries to explain if things come back he will have wealth. And I remind him I will have all his silver too.

You might want to take a look at this know it all wise-guy's post:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/posts/11520090/
Post 125

I'm afraid that it is true that you could have your assets seized for a bail in to distressed banks. The UCC was changed in 1994 and now that all 50 states have legalized it, you're left holding the bag. Christy Noem is the only governor that I know of that is fighting this. To big to fail is now at your door step if there is a major financial collapse.
That's right. Your boys and girls at the state level screwed all of us thanks to banking lobbyist's that bribed these fine elected officials in all 50.

Paul Craig Roberts is not a nut job.......................Listen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: IronSkillet
Your only true assets are your Family and Loved ones, your land and your ability and tools to protect them.
That was instilled in me from childhood by all my kin who went thru the depression. Hench why I have always been about all kinds of different skill sets, (including life) tools and no debt.

There will be a fight to the death (dates of my choosing) if any entity tries to take what I have worked for all my life. That is a line I have no hesitation about crossing.
None of us own our land. Even if it is paid off. Stop paying property taxes and find out.
Here if you are 65 or more and your only income is S/S you do not pay property tax on your home & land.

That was instilled in me from childhood by all my kin who went thru the depression. Hench why I have always been about all kinds of different skill sets, (including life) tools and no debt.

There will be a fight to the death (dates of my choosing) if any entity tries to take what I have worked for all my life. That is a line I have no hesitation about crossing.

Here if you are 65 or more and your only income is S/S you do not pay property tax on your home & land.
That should be done for over 65 on SS. Should be for everyone else too, but reality is what it is. It’s easier to let the over 65 crowd in that situation not pay property taxes - the impact isn’t that much due to life expectancy after 65; it will transfer hands soon and be back in tax revenue stream.

Reactions: supercorndogs
None of us own our land. Even if it is paid off. Stop paying property taxes and find out.
When things go bad, as the article says, that's when you have to use the tools to protect and keep possession of land. The land and it's ability to feed and keep your family safe and your ability and tools to protect both will be the only thing that matters. McDonald's, Wal-Mart and the like will not matter. Have a plan now. Sorry, just my little rant, we do have a plan and we pray it never comes to this.

where is HERE? what state?

This shit absolutely infuriates me. Even states where so called conservatives dominate government not one of them wants to abolish this abhorrent practice.

I used to love watching videos of that guy paying his property taxes with a wheelbarrow full of pennies.

every seven years.................or so........................been thru 3 now.....................weeds out the weak........................
The last several “financial crises” have done nothing of the sort. They are a way to transfer wealth from actual productive people to blood sucking parasites that have taken control of the levers of power. ‘08 could have mostly been avoided if the insolvent banks(the ones who got “saved”) would have been allowed to fail. This is not just me ranting from under a tinfoil hat, it’s all explained in a book by David Stockman:

He has a website with a lot of good monetary policy info also

Edit: And just to put a little more emphasis on the situation. The bailouts of ‘08 were supposed to strengthen the economy. So, is anyone more confident in our monetary policy/economy now?

Last edited:
there is a guy at work that keeps a silver coin in his pocket and shows it as the only thing that will be worth anything when all fails. Gold/silver.
I carry a SIG Custom Works coin. I take mine out and tell him this will TRUMP all when the time comes. He usually agrees with me, then tries to explain if things come back he will have wealth. And I remind him I will have all his silver too.

What does that say about you and your character and your morals?

People with fantasies of using their guns to steal and rob as much as they want and who have the kind of lack of morals that makes them talk and boast about such plans will likely find that they will die by the sword and famine and pestilence.

I see it all the time, folks boasting how their guns will make them kings.

Those who will survive and thrive are those who actually have morals and who actually plan to protect and defend and work together with their friends, neighbours and community to survive and help each other.

Also remember always in history, society eventually rebuilds and most of the time scores and justice gets settled eventually with those who harmed others during the bad times.

This shit absolutely infuriates me. Even states where so called conservatives dominate government not one of them wants to abolish this abhorrent practice.

I used to love watching videos of that guy paying his property taxes with a wheelbarrow full of pennies.
I have thought about this at length. I have come up with no workable answers. I agree that property taxes are wrong, but if they weren’t there other taxes would be created or increased to make up the shortfall. Infrastructure needs are what they are, and it seems it has been decided that property owners need to carry the load. However, I see no evidence that those taxes are being used correctly. The best way to reduce those taxes is to get the school taxes off the property levies, among many other things. The realist in me sees that is a pipe dream. The inflation of property values makes it just too profitable to do otherwise. Yet the local and state governments determine property values. It doesn’t take a mental heavyweight to see how this works.

Reactions: 232593
When the proverbial excremen hits the rotary wind device, the government can and will come take what they want. Anyone who thinks they can resist are fooling themselves. State sponsored resistance will be the only way

I have thought about this at length. I have come up with no workable answers. I agree that property taxes are wrong, but if they weren’t there other taxes would be created or increased to make up the shortfall. Infrastructure needs are what they are, and it seems it has been decided that property owners need to carry the load. However, I see no evidence that those taxes are being used correctly. The best way to reduce those taxes is to get the school taxes off the property levies, among many other things. The realist in me sees that is a pipe dream. The inflation of property values makes it just too profitable to do otherwise. Yet the local and state governments determine property values. It doesn’t take a mental heavyweight to see how this works.

Property taxes are immoral and make everyone a slave to the government. They should never be allowed no matter how much "it's for the children".

You are not "owed" free anything, including those children, they are not "owed" anything from uninvolved parties.

You want roads, well then people that want roads or use roads can pay for them. How that is done is up to the people to decide.
Registration fees on vehicles and road fuel taxes are an example of a solution.

Some money does need to be spent to keep a society running, pretty much the only fair and non enslaving thing is to have a sales tax where all goods are taxed at the exact same rate, everyone pays the same rate at their purchase and no getting out of it because you are special or such.
That should be the ONLY taxes allowed.

If the government complains there is not enough money, either the people can agree to a higher tax rate, knowing ALL of them even the non-productive folks will see their standard of living cut, or the government can get out of the way and let the economy grow to increase the tax base, or we can agree we don't need all this bloat over our heads.

Not going to happen now, but after the collapse of civilization, those who get a chance to rebuild would be wise to consider it carefully.

Also remember always in history, society eventually rebuilds and most of the time scores and justice gets settled eventually with those who harmed others during the bad times.
I think once it goes Shitified some items on some lists, will be checked off rather quickly. Why wait for those who have already said or proven their plans, first strike on your time table is way better than reaction to their time frame. In the old days before the word sniper was around, it was called bushwhacker/s or bushwhacking. Remember if its a fair fight you did not plan it right, and to those who think their guns are the be all, I've a bridge for you.
Sometimes a movie gets it right. Two things in this short segment are important, one is the jest of the clip the other is almost abstruse to many.

The article is almost complete BS. Nonsensical jumble of financial buzzwords the author clearly doesn’t understand. I don’t have time to detail all the errors.

However, the true part is another crisis is inevitable and we are vulnerable to a Cyprus style “bail in”. It is very likely that the next crisis will not be paid for by tax payers but rather the banks will just take the money in your account to pay their debts. Read about “rehypothication” if you want to learn more.

Another key to understand is the way legislation has changed over time going back to the savings and loan crisis in the 80s. Sometimes we allow an entity to be both a savings bank (where people open savings and checking accounts and take out car loans and mortgages) and investment bank (higher risk speculators in equities and derivatives which often have extreme leverage). Then we get a crisis, and ban the practice. Then some politician gets paid to let it happen again. Then we get another crisis. Then we ban the practice, rinse repeat.

My advice to people with a lot of money “in the bank” is to choose a bank that has no exposure to speculation. Local credit unions are often a good choice.

In Texas Real property tax can be deferred if you are 65 or older and the deferral can be passed on to your spouse if she is 55 or older. 5% annual interest. Of course, your heirs become liable for the taxes. I guess it depends on how much you want to leave your kids.

What does that say about you and your character and your morals?

People with fantasies of using their guns to steal and rob as much as they want and who have the kind of lack of morals that makes them talk and boast about such plans will likely find that they will die by the sword and famine and pestilence.

I see it all the time, folks boasting how their guns will make them kings.

Those who will survive and thrive are those who actually have morals and who actually plan to protect and defend and work together with their friends, neighbours and community to survive and help each other.

Maybe I did not word it/convey it properly as I am slightly typing challenged.
He goes around showing the silver as he will be the king when the SHTF and I am saying the silver will be meaningless to people that need daily living items. He thinks people will be wanting to trade metals for needed life supplies. I am saying he is living in a fantasy because the people with firepower and bullets will have all the value, the items others want. And as in any situation like that the people with the firepower will take what they want from the people without it.
I have no intention of pillaging from the weak but I will defend what I have to the death.
He thinks when the bad people with guns come for him he will be saved by silver not guns. Here is some silver now go away, LOL. they will take the silver and more than likely kill him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camelfilter
So called precious metal (aka gold & silver), is only precious to those who operate in perception or have a vested interest in trading their so called precious metal, for your worthless politically back inked paper. If their metal is so precious, why sell it in the first place?

Never lock step your train of thought on past events, assuming the outcome will be the same. So you have x lb's or tons of xyz metal, until someone is willing to trade you food for it, how many calories, protein or carbs does it supply per pound?

So called precious metal (aka gold & silver), is only precious to those who operate in perception or have a vested interest in trading their so called precious metal, for your worthless politically back inked paper. If their metal is so precious, why sell it in the first place?

Never lock step your train of thought on past events, assuming the outcome will be the same. So you have x lb's or tons of xyz metal, until someone is willing to trade you food for it, how many calories, protein or carbs does it supply per pound?

Hence why historically Gold and Silver are:

A. A hedge against your paper currency becoming worthless
B. A way to take some wealth in a time of peace and plenty and stash it somewhere to save it so if you or your heirs survive the bad times, you'll have wealth on hand once you survive to a time of peace and plenty.

During truly rough times, actual goods, food, items and services, skills and medicine often are the only commodity that actually counts.

Now when you are dealing with hyper inflation but goods, foods and services are still in decent supply, gold or silver may be the only "storable currency" that people take and trust.

historically, quite a bit actually. The whole booleets vs precious metals debate only favors the ammo guys in a true TEOTWAWKI scenario, and even then, commerce eventually returns.

I’m of the compromise the American way mindset in this regard…do both. More actually, as we also have food (not quite to a year yet), some gardening ability, access to fresh water (absolutely key IMHO), and a network of friends and family to ensure we can protect it within reasonably realistic scenarios.

If it’s beyond those means, shit’s gone completely sideways anyway, and we’ll all be raiders.

Or more likely, dead.

I invest in items that I can subsist off of. Land, the equipment that works it (yes, I pay taxes on both), the ability to have clean water, grow my own food...and defend everything if need be. I have no doubt that the latter will be short-lived, but at least I will be able to say with my last breath that I gave it a try rather than rolling over.

I certainly have invested in tangible items that you can liquidate rather easily. Firearms, precious metals, extra tools and equipment (if need be), etc... I am sure that the investment savvy people probably look at me and poke fun at my lack of participation in various financial investment opportunities. My wife has a pretty diverse portfolio. She does well enough to support both of us if it ever came to that. However, we are both completely content that I put my money into items that won't be harshly hit during a collapse.

historically, quite a bit actually. The whole booleets vs precious metals debate only favors the ammo guys in a true TEOTWAWKI scenario, and even then, commerce eventually returns.

If you read some of the stories of recent and some slightly distant events, often in the end folks with medical supplies and medical skills often are the ones in true demand and they find plenty of folks with ammo and food are happy to protect them from folks that just have ammo.

If you read some of the stories of recent and some slightly distant events, often in the end folks with medical supplies and medical skills often are the ones in true demand and they find plenty of folks with ammo and food are happy to protect them from folks that just have ammo.
Why do you think I’m so excited a couple of my neighbors are docs! And I’m trying to get my dentist to move to our neighborhood too!

• Haha
Reactions: diggler1833
In Texas Real property tax can be deferred if you are 65 or older and the deferral can be passed on to your spouse if she is 55 or older. 5% annual interest. Of course, your heirs become liable for the taxes. I guess it depends on how much you want to leave your kids.
Think through that issue and what is really being bequeathed to the children: burden. They have to pay the property taxes that have been accruing interest AND inheritance tax. It almost guarantees they get little or nothing.

Last edited:
He goes around showing the silver as he will be the king when the SHTF and I am saying the silver will be meaningless to people that need daily living items. He thinks people will be wanting to trade metals for needed life supplies. I am saying he is living in a fantasy because the people with firepower and bullets will have all the value, the items others want. And as in any situation like that the people with the firepower will take what they want from the people without it.
I have no intention of pillaging from the weak but I will defend what I have to the death.
He thinks when the bad people with guns come for him he will be saved by silver not guns. Here is some silver now go away, LOL. they will take the silver and more than likely kill him.
A wise person would have both.

Tangible wealth (whatever one wishes, so long as it is tangible), along with the skills & assets to secure it...

Some folks seem to think folks whom mention holding precious metals means that's "the only thing" someone should hold. Which is a mistake, never have "everything" in one basket...

Before world (h)oes to shitter would you care to share some recipes (like cock au wine) and ill make sure to write them down with pencil and paper just to be sure it survives the end times.

"Regional banks provide a bulk of the financing for the space. The ongoing mess in the lending space due to tighter conditions adds pressure to the CRE downturn. Banks are expected to set aside more money to cover potential CRE losses.

Last month, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell testified on Capitol Hill, "We have identified the banks that have high commercial real estate concentrations, particularly office and retail and other ones that have been affected a lot," adding, "This is a problem that we'll be working on for years more, I'm sure. There will be bank failures, but not the big banks."

Tell your friend that if the economy crashes that hard and “paper money” is worthless …his coin is worthless as well.

People think that magically the market, barter, “stores” will suddenly take your gold coin for the pre crash price

If there is no market to sell or value it with …it’s not worth anything

Additionally thinking the economy gets so bad that drug, medical, food manufacturers start getting paid in bags of quarters for a small pox vaccine is even more ridiculous

When things go bad, as the article says, that's when you have to use the tools to protect and keep possession of land. The land and it's ability to feed and keep your family safe and your ability and tools to protect both will be the only thing that matters. McDonald's, Wal-Mart and the like will not matter. Have a plan now. Sorry, just my little rant, we do have a plan and we pray it never comes to this.

It is hard to find articles using Google....gee I wonder why....but I did come up with this one. I know there was something I saw here lately where in OR or WA that they made "gardens" illegal as it is bad for 'climate change'.

They don't want you to grow your own food, this is a direct threat to their ability to control you. There are also laws about collecting rain water, same reason.

Not even so much bullets and firepower. Most people are good people. I always go back to that book we talked about a few months ago, the guy in Yugoslavia.

Sure there will be a need to defend what you have, but after that initial "mess", things will calm down. If you make it past the city people doing what they always do, you will be pretty good. Silver will be of no value, a can of spam will be of great value. You can't eat the silver. You can't drink the gold. If everyone is in that same boat, and all the gold and silver is not really worth anything.

Lets say it is cold wet and rainy. Would you rather have that silver coin or a bic disposable lighter.

Even "us" people that live out in the country what do we do? Who do you let into your circle. That is a really hard question. You say that is easy family. Ok just what is that. My kid and his wife. What about her family. You going to turn them away. Some of them bring nothing to the table, not even muscle to do basic jobs. Say ok you can come but you can't. You let the dad in but not the mom.....yea let me know how that all works.

And if you think you are going to weather this all alone with your dog, or few dogs. You are an idiot. Sure you might be able to keep 10-20 of the unwashed masses away, but for how long. You are going to need to sleep sooner or later. And unless you have a bunker they will get in. And if you are locked in there, just how much can you keep in your "storm shelter". If they want you out those unwashed masses might just go Dirty Dozen on your in your hole.

I do agree with you however, silver will be worthless. If people are hungry he will not be able to buy that can of spam with a pocket of silver.

I think once it goes Shitified some items on some lists, will be checked off rather quickly. Why wait for those who have already said or proven their plans, first strike on your time table is way better than reaction to their time frame. In the old days before the word sniper was around, it was called bushwhacker/s or bushwhacking. Remember if its a fair fight you did not plan it right, and to those who think their guns are the be all, I've a bridge for you.
Sometimes a movie gets it right. Two things in this short segment are important, one is the jest of the clip the other is almost abstruse to many.

Re-watched half of it over nite. With the other half pending another shift, if its slow...

RHQ has no true literal boat house. City Hereford has a boathouse.

Dunno if its interwebs lore or fact, if Cousins call there clubhouse at RHQ the "boathouse".

Re-watched half of it over nite. With the other half pending another shift, if its slow...

RHQ has no true literal boat house. City Hereford has a boathouse.

Dunno if its interwebs lore or fact, if Cousins call there clubhouse at RHQ the "boathouse".
What I was referring to was never about the boathouse many refer to. The crux of the shot to me was about the ambush/s and who in the shot was paying very close attention & reacting to detail, based upon 2 of them working against each other in the past per the script.

..Lets say it is cold wet and rainy. Would you rather have that silver coin or a bic disposable lighter...
2 tools, for completely different things. Have them both, if you so choose. Or don't.

Just recognize that anything only has wealth value if someone else wants it. So PM's more likely wealth value (in this context) would probably be after a financial catastrophe, once a new currency/system is established. Which could be a long time, perhaps generational. However PM's are a way to move & store wealth. Tangibly.

Not really an investment, more of a self insurance.

Last edited: