• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Monthly Kentucky Meet - September 20th

jonesy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Louisville, KY
Hey all,

Just got off the phone with Amy from Rockcastle. She says we're more than welcome to come out to shoot, so I need to come up with an approximate number of shooters who will be attending. I want to make sure that we have enough people interested before making a thread for a particular meet up date. I think the soonest we could do a shoot would be mid September.

Please reply letting me know if you're interested and, if so, what date(s) you'd like to see this meet scheduled for. I can then start a roster for attending shooters. Hopefully we can get a good mix of experienced and novice shooters and turn this into a great learning resource.

Thanks,

Jeff

EDIT:

The shoot is scheduled for September 20th. It'll follow our usual format, which is outlined below:

We are penciled in for the 16th of November as of today. I will be getting confirmation on this date shortly from Amy at RockCastle.

Please notify me via PM of the names of all SHOOTERS (not spectators) who will be attending. This is so that we don't get in trouble with RockCastle for range fee conflicts.

Thank you for your understanding!

The Monthly Shoot at RockCastle for September is on the 20th. We will meet at 8:30 am at the Lodge/Main Office to pay and fill out their waiver if you've never shot there before. I will keep a running list of who will be there. I do need to RSVP with RockCastle a few days in advance regarding the number of shooters we'll have.

The price is $25 per shooter paid directly to RockCastle upon arrival. PAYMENT IS REQUIRED OF ALL SHOOTERS regardless of whether or not they are members. Also, we will have to supply our own steel targets. The more the merrier! In the past we've had a healthy supply of targets - every 50 yards out to 1100.

There will be no official format for the day, but we will go "COLD" as needed to repair/replace/paint targets and break for lunch and what not. It will be a laid back open practice.

Any questions at all, please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me. You can also call RockCastle if you like; their number is (270) 749-4101. Ask for Amy or Brent, they're the long range liaisons.

And again, the more the merrier.
Thanks all!

Roster:

jonesy (maybe +1)
Tempest 455 +3
scsims +3
LRShooter101 +2

Last edited:
Yes me and my son would love to come to the shoots again. I'm thinking that the fun shoot is already scheduled for mid-September, but I may be wrong.

Looks like you're right. Doesn't matter, I think they'll still have us out if you all are comfortable setting up our own targets, etc. Range fee will be $25 per shooter.

Really like the idea of getting these fired up again. I will try to participate as my schedule allows. Unfortunately I won't be able to make sept meets. I have a match every weekend in sept exempt one.

This will hopefully turn into a monthly meet, so if there's a time you can't make it then the next month will always be an option.

jonesy, good to see you at the PTS match. I'm in for the shoot.

How'd you end up scoring? I did pretty horrible, to be honest. Looking to get a ton of practice in before Mammoth.

I'm in as work permits. If you need a hand with something just give me a shout.

I was already planning to go to the fun shoot on the 13th, but would change my plans to shoot with you guys.

me +1 dependent upon date; glad to see these happening again

Very interested in any Long Range Shooting at RCSC. I can put the word out, could be an additional 2-3 people with me.

Sept 6 & 28 are F-Class Matches at SIRPA, so I am out those days.

I have 20+ pieces of steel that I can bring, sizes range from 4" to full size silhouettes.

Fun Shoots, not sure if those are still going on or not? Not sure with the change/move to Legion in GA, if Joe & Company are still doing anything at RCSC?

Just let us know, Thanks

I have a new 338 lapua imp supposed to be here any day. I need a chance to stretch her out. Let me know what day and i'll call in sick. Got an elk hunt coming up in October. Gotta practice up

i may try to make these too, though September is probably not going to work.

Guys, my bad. Was out of town for a week and then busy with classes. I'm calling today to renew membership and reserve the range. If the 13th is unavailable then I'll book for the 20th.

All right, I booked for the 20th of September. Unfortunately for some, I know that means you won't be able to make it. There's always October, though, and hopefully we'll be able to get a few more shooters out next month.

I'll edit this thread to put September 20th in the title and I'll start a roster in the original post. Let me know if you'll be attending and if you'll have anyone with you.

I've updated the roster. I'm hoping to be able to bring upwards of three targets. I have plenty of steel, but I lack ways to actually hang it on the range.

My inventory:
4" square x2
10" square
25% IPSC x2
66% IPSC
I've only got (I think) 3 stands.

If anyone has any extra stands, please bring them!
Thanks

Had some great fun today, thanks again for setting this up and taking the time to bring and set up the steel!! I had my brother and his daughter with me today it was their first time, they thought it was cool. Wind was giving us a hard time though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0562_zps6eb2689f.jpg
    IMG_0562_zps6eb2689f.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0573_zpscff45ceb.jpg
    IMG_0573_zpscff45ceb.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0576_zpsf3a5b62c.jpg
    IMG_0576_zpsf3a5b62c.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DR1_zpsbd62efb4.jpg
    DR1_zpsbd62efb4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Added a few more of the .50.

Attachments

• Eric50_zpsda81ada4.jpg
    Eric50_zpsda81ada4.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Collin50_zps7ddedbe1.jpg
    Collin50_zps7ddedbe1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 33
  • Haeden50_zpsf13fca58.jpg
    Haeden50_zpsf13fca58.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Dave50_zpsd21edb3a.jpg
    Dave50_zpsd21edb3a.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 43
New thread is up for November. I apologize about not getting back with you all about October, but there just isn't a way that I can find time this month for a Rockcastle shoot. Let me know what date you'd like to see in November. Leaning toward the 8th or 22nd right now.