• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Monthly Western KY Shoot @ RockCastle 10-26-2013 8:30 am

jonesy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Louisville, KY
*****PLEASE READ BEFORE RSVPing TO THE OCTOBER ROCKCASTLE SHOOT*****
I will be requiring (and any future organizer should require) names of shooters and numbers of guests for this shoot. I received a call from RockCastle about a week after the last shoot regarding the number of people we had there. The long range organizer at RockCastle was worried that we had some shooters who headed out to the range without paying the $25/day fee. (Everyone paid that day as far as we could tell, but I got the impression that RockCastle would be investigating any future range fee evasions.) I will be making sure to get all names of participants before the date of the shoot so that I do not end up having to pay RockCastle out of pocket the range fees for anyone who decided not to pay. Please notify me via PM of the names of all SHOOTERS (not spectators) who will be attending.

Thank you for your understanding!

Hiders,

The Monthly Shoot at RockCastle for October is on the 26th. We will meet at 8:30 am at the Lodge/Main Office to pay and fill out their waiver if you've never shot there before. I will keep a running list of who will be there. I do need to RSVP with RockCastle a few days in advance regarding the number of shooters we'll have.

The price is $25 per shooter paid directly to RockCastle upon arrival. (SEE ABOVE; PAYMENT IS REQUIRED OF ALL SHOOTERS) Also, we will have to supply our own steel targets. The more the merrier! In the past we've had a healthy supply of targets - every 50 yards out to 1100.

There will be no official Format for the day, but we will go "COLD" as needed to repair/replace/paint targets and break for lunch and what not. It will be a laid back open practice.

Any questions at all, please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me. You can also call RockCastle if you like; their number is (270) 749-4101. Ask for Amy or Brent, they're the long range liaisons.

And again, the more the merrier.
Thanks all!

Shooters List:
1. jonesy (bringing 5-7 targets)
2. rdbse
3. Tempest 455 +3
4. donp326
5. Cossack +1
6. greentimber
7. chaser_2332

Last edited:
Oh crap I am committed elsewhere on the 12 of October sure wish it could have been the 19th. Can't make it this time. see you in November.

Oh crap I am committed elsewhere on the 12 of October sure wish it could have been the 19th. Can't make it this time. see you in November.

As of right now, I think they are already booked for the 19th. I will be calling them in a couple hours to make sure, but I can't promise anything.

Darn!

I will be out of town. Could do the 19th but not the 12th. I will try and make Nov for sure.

I'd love to make it, but I'll will be in the treestand with Hunter for youth firearm hunting weekend...... the weekend of the 19th is muzzle loader. Busy time of year. Probably be Nov or December before we can make it back.

I'd love to make it, but I'll will be in the treestand with Hunter for youth firearm hunting weekend...... the weekend of the 19th is muzzle loader. Busy time of year. Probably be Nov or December before we can make it back.

Darn!

I will be out of town. Could do the 19th but not the 12th. I will try and make Nov for sure.

As of right now, I think they are already booked for the 19th. I will be calling them in a couple hours to make sure, but I can't promise anything.

I finally got a hold of Amy, the long range manager. She notified me that the 3 gun match that they've got set for the 19th is also taking up the weekend of the 12th. I changed the date to the 26th (just bumped back by a week after the match), so hopefully some of you all will be able to make it out.

I finally got a hold of Amy, the long range manager. She notified me that the 3 gun match that they've got set for the 19th is also taking up the weekend of the 12th. I changed the date to the 26th (just bumped back by a week after the match), so hopefully some of you all will be able to make it out.

Weekend of my B-day. That would be fun! :)

Ill have to check my calendar when I get home but I think this is juvenile weekend, if it is I should be gtg for one more shoot this year

Put me down for the 26th too. My daughter is taking her concealed carry class at PM that day but I think I can be there. I'll bring my rifle just in case.

Hey how come I not on the list of attendees I asked to be added to the list. You have my full name in a PM.

I will just be returning from Mexico. I do know that there was at least one person at the last meet who didn't pay.

I would like to attend this shoot. jonesy, sending you PM.

Planning a Dec shoot after the 16th possibly? Wont be home on leave until then and would like to attend.

We may have a December shoot. Just depends on what's going on during that time. I know the Mammoth Sniper challenge is going on during January so we may not have a shoot that month. Personally I'd like a December shoot.

Wish I could make it. Gonna be up in South Dakota hunting that weekend. Got a place I can shoot out to a mile or better so gonna give that a try.

We may have a December shoot. Just depends on what's going on during that time. I know the Mammoth Sniper challenge is going on during January so we may not have a shoot that month. Personally I'd like a December shoot.

December shoot would be great. If we get cold weather it would be even better, that way one can get DOPE for 30 or so degree air.

I missed the september shoot at the last minute. I'll try to make this one. I have a dozen or so targets.

I am not sure I will be ready to shoot with you guys, but if I can work it out, could I come out and watch? Maybe I will have a little more trigger time and my load finalized by the time the next one rolls around.

You can come out and watch for free. And if you've got any questions, I'm sure there'll be some guys out there who can provide answers.

Last time we had targets from 500 out to 1,100. How many targets you think this time? Guy who is coming with me is also going to bring an ATV and some targets.

guys I will be there with my spotter and some extra copper creek ammo for the 6cm, if anyone needs help getting on target or wants to check out some gear feel free to ask.

This is kind of late to ask, but that 8:30 meet is on central time not eastern, correct?

Last edited:
8:30 central.

As for the number of targets, I should have 6, but only 3 stands. Other people may have more.

See you all tomorrow.

Fun again but that on/off wind was a PITA on the 1,100 target! Will post up some pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for setting this up.

Attachments

• IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Snipers Hide 10,26,13.jpg
    Snipers Hide 10,26,13.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 26
Would there be any way you could let me know if you guys will shoot in November or December? If so I would like to come and shoot if that's possible. I need some practice out past 700 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I got a lot of questions about November and December shoots. I think there's enough interest to do them. I'll put up a new thread here in the next week or so about a November shoot.

What day would you all like? I was thinking Saturday the 16th.

IMO November is tough due to KY modern firearm deer season...the 16th is the second of three weekends during modern gun.

I got a lot of questions about November and December shoots. I think there's enough interest to do them. I'll put up a new thread here in the next week or so about a November shoot.

What day would you all like? I was thinking Saturday the 16th.

16th would be fine, I should be able to make it.

Gun season...... November is done for me, December way too may family events to run off for a Saturday..... I'll be back in action after the first of the year...... and hopefully with a couple of new guns.

IMO November is tough due to KY modern firearm deer season...the 16th is the second of three weekends during modern gun.

I agree, but I got about 4 people asking me if we'd have one, so I figure there are enough people interested to host a shoot. I'll be hunting a little too, but I can make time.

jonesy, thanks for putting this shoot together and thanks to those who brought targets.

November 16th is out for me (I will be shooting a match in Alabama), but I am definitely in for December.

I'll give Rockcastle a call tomorrow or Wednesday. Looks like we've got enough people interested for the 16th and maybe for a December shoot. I liked your idea about having a December shoot centered around practice for Mammoth in January, rbdse. If you've got any ideas on how exactly we'd implement a meet like that, I'm all ears.

Anyway, look for a new thread up here in the next couple of days about November.

Sorry guys, I called them yesterday and today, but Amy had already left for the day. I'll have to call and schedule on Monday so look for a new thread up by Monday afternoon.