• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Moo

Shoot your way through!!
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

All you have to do is make an example of one of them, and they will get the idea.

I have that same problem but mine always want to gather up around the target. Makes for an interesting hostage type target...

I have had cows come check me out and block my shots when out prairie dog shooting and coyote hunting. Nothing more irritating than watching a side of beef block your shot on a dog. I get back at them by eating steak.

this crap happens all the time here on ranches we shoot on. the cows get used to gunfire so they wont go away. we remedy this problem by finding out how they are fed and feed them away from our shooting lanes. so yeah hope it helps

That looks like the reaction of the cows during my last stalk.

Beef will burn you.
laugh.gif

I sometimes have the same problem where I shoot. No cattle around, start shooting, then they all come over to see what all the noise is about.

I used to have the same problem with my damn horses. They would mess with shit and generally make pests of themselves while I tried to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you have to do is make an example of one of them, and they will get the idea.</div></div>

and if they don't learn from the first mistake... make more steak.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Darn cows wouldn't get out of the way! </div></div>

Occupy!

my horses do not mind the supersonic rounds, but let loose with a subsonic hissing through the air and they are gone. i also noticed the hay ring behind them, they are waiting to be fed.

I know exactly what your cows are doing!

they're going on strike! based off the picture, either you get a can or you find a new place to shoot.

Mine for the most part leave me alone while shooting but they tump over all my steel once I'm gone so the first thing I have to do when I get there ie reset all my targets. I guess mixed breed cows like covert missions

Wow It looked like they were gonna attack! Those things look viscious. Just shoot em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacDriverTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have friends that would still miss all of them from there. </div></div>
Friends, hell I have co-workers with issued weapons that would miss all of 'em!

My foxpro has the moo cow in distress sound. I set up about 100 yards away from said moo cow and started my calls. when I had given up on coyotes, I switched to the cow distress. Thought I was going to get trampled to death by 40 of them when they came running. Then I panicked when I thought the sides of beef were about to step on my new call.

That picture kind of brought to mind a passage from <span style="font-style: italic">The Restaurant at the End of the Universe</span> about a genetically engineered cow that introduces itself to the diners (it <span style="font-style: italic">wants</span> to be eaten) and then after they decide what cut they'd like "nips off to shoot itself"...promising to be humane. If you've read Douglas Adams, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't...what the <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">F</span></span> is wrong with you?

Since I moved out here to Wyoming I've had mulies, pronghorns, sage hens, and rabbits come and watch me shoot. At a long-range Cowboy Action match a few years ago we had a rabbit come and sit directly in front of the shooting position. We were firing from kneeling or seated and the muzzle of our Sharps and Rolling Blocks were only about a foot from the stupid bunny's head...I mean close enough that his fur would ruffle from the muzzle blast. Every time we popped a cap he would drop his ears down to the side and then pop 'em back up.

Animals is weird...

Go ahead make our day! One step for the rifle and we charge!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why we eat beef, you get the gun out and they line up single file! Hunting doesnt get much easier than that.

It kinda looks like you're giving them a safety brief prior to the line going hot.