• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More kung flu hysteria

Although things may be more strictly controlled now, it seems my (exaggerated) scenario was not far off the mark. From my casual reading, and a couple personal examples, many prescription addicts got their start after surgery or an accident. When they get their "jones on" (sorry if my street slang is sub-par) the doctor shopping and black market come into play.

I had spine surgery about six months ago. On discharge, the nurse gave me a bag with discharge instructions and a bottle of drugs she said was pain meds for seven days and if I needed more I would have to call for an appointment. Didn't think much about it until that evening when I was clear of the drugs they gave me in the hospital. I looked at the bottle and called a shrink friend and asked what is oxycotin (as I recall). He said it was an addictive pain killer. The bottle contained 48 pills. I remember thinking, "No wonder people get addicted," before flushing them.

Had my appendix out last summer....."Are you in pain", "Do you want something for the pain?" "Are you hurting Do you want something for the pain?"

No thank you.

I can see the value when it comes to recovery in certain cases where trying to create mobility for therapy but in most cases it should be "Hey you broke your leg. Its going to hurt. Suck it up"

Well I was at a wedding reception last night. A couple hundred people there and we had a hell of a time. One dumbass with a mask on. He had a man bun as well so there is that.

The issue is that the governor’s put the mask and social distance requirements in place with zero litigation protections for companies that wanted to stay open and work. By not doing so they left every company working open to being sued if someone caught the virus at work. I’m almost positive this was done intentionally to make sure that even some of the companies deemed “essential” would close to avoid such a situation. So in order to protect themselves the companies are pretty much required to put all of these ridiculous protections in place so that if somebody does bring it in they have a better chance to fight off being sued.

Then you have the chucklefucks in NJ that are actively calling the cops on businesses and each other for anybody not following the rules. Our buddy forgot his mask so he just pulled his shirt up to run in the liquor store. They screamed at him to get out because he didn’t have a mask and they were afraid that someone would call the cops on them for not requiring customers to have masks on.

This whole shit has just gotten way out of hand at this point.

Back to the original question, I stopped at Home Depot yesterday because Menards decided all their customers need to wear a mask. As I walked to the doors I realized they had made a line outside the doors and had an employee with an iPad metering customers going in. I walked up close enough the employee and wannabe shoppers could hear me and acted like I just realized what was going on. Then I went, “oh?! A line? Nope!” I walked straight back to my truck and drove away. Then when I got home I just ordered what I needed online.

This is all insanity.

Back to the original question, I stopped at Home Depot yesterday because Menards decided all their customers need to wear a mask. As I walked to the doors I realized they had made a line outside the doors and had an employee with an iPad metering customers going in. I walked up close enough the employee and wannabe shoppers could hear me and acted like I just realized what was going on. Then I went, “oh?! A line? Nope!” I walked straight back to my truck and drove away. Then when I got home I just ordered what I needed online.

This is all insanity.
Yep, experienced the same thing at a local Menards. Wife and I walked in, worker came at us with a pointed finger and said......You both need to wear a mask!..... I said, No I don't!.......turned and walked out. The wife stayed, since it was her list anyways and had to wear her bandana. I stood by my truck and had a smoke. I've always hated spending money at Menards, due to them being anti- 2A (lobbying donations) F's. Mac