• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s More modern living

sht4brnz

General Lee Incoherent
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_...1a4bcf887a.html

Beaufort, N.C.

Jan. 17, 2013

TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and “so-called” conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else. Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don’t know the exact statistics, but I’m quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.

But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I’d say, and President Obama needs to change it.

The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a natural born citizen. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that’s just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don’t want to get crank calls.

Re: More modern living

Another dingbatter transplant of course. Coastal North Carolineans have had a name for them for generations.

dingbatter

English

Noun

dingbatter (plural dingbatters)

1. (colloquial, US) uplanders who come to eastern North Carolina.

i live about 25 miles southeast of raleigh n.c. and we have the same problem,transplanted assholes that want to make things here like they are where they came from. and the chicken shit son of a bitch doesn't even have the guts to sign his name. i have hunted with a lot of people from sneads ferry to ogden and have been treated like family a lot better than my transplanted shi9t eating neighbors. hang on gg maybe the bastards will go back where they came from. and one final thought for the asshole that wrote the paper. KISS MY ASS

I think this brand of humor may be too sophisticated for some of us here on the Hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this brand of humor may be too sophisticated for some of us here on the Hide. </div></div>

It would be funny if it weren't the Constitution, that the person was talking about. It would be humorous if the person wasn't serious.

It may be a farce but we just are not in playful mood with the current climate. It is also very representative of the liberal mind set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this brand of humor may be too sophisticated for some of us here on the Hide. </div></div>

It would be funny if it weren't the Constitution, that the person was talking about. It would be humorous if the person wasn't serious. </div></div>

I think he was very serious in making his point, which you missed completely. Sarcasm is a highly underrated form of humor.

I hope that is a joke!!!!

I wonder if the Libtards who want to destroy the Constitution, mainly the 2nd Amendment, would feel the same way if the Government was attacking the 1st Amendment, the 4th Amendment or the 5th Amendment? I bet they would stand up and scream, like they should. The problem is if they get rid of the 2nd Amendment, how will anyone defend the rest of the Constitution?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this brand of humor may be too sophisticated for some of us here on the Hide. </div></div>

It would be funny if it weren't the Constitution, that the person was talking about. It would be humorous if the person wasn't serious. </div></div>

I think he was very serious in making his point, which you missed completely. Sarcasm is a highly underrated form of humor. </div></div>

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit", Jonny Lee Miller, <span style="font-style: italic">Elementary</span> (Normally I don't quote anyone at all, ever)

Sarcasm has been overused past the point of absurdity. Listen to teen girls talk. They often imitate the adult world because they think it makes them cool to follow the "trends" that are exposed to them out of the adult world. This current overuse of sarcasm has gotten out of hand(I also think labeling it sarcasm is wrong, but that's something else).

I don't think there was any point to be missed. The only thing missing was the intention of the author. Was he a Republican, in the guise of a Democrat, trying to inflame us into doing something, or was he an uneducated, uncaring Democrat looking down upon his fellow Americans as being base, and barbaric? We probably won't know, so this letter to the editor deserves as much thought as any other letter to the editor.

The thing that needs to be understood is that there are people out there, deliberately trying to cause you to feel anger and hate, while using your own hate and anger against you. This is also how the Nazi Party rose to power. Blame the Jewish for their depression, use everyone's hate against them, and then they fucked over everyone they could in the end.

Sound familiar? Like the current animosity towards any American with a darker shade of skin, and anyone else who recently immigrated into this country? I served with a descendant of the Rothschilds family(I seriously doubt he knew) who made exactly the same paycheck as me. I served with many African Americans who shared Republican ideals and values, some were straight country boys, and shared a pinch of tobacco with me out of their own cans, and I've had some friends of Hispanic decent that felt that our country's immigration laws were too lenient. All of these people I served with in our nation's Armed Forces.

Be wary of who is talking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pif_sonic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that is a joke!!!!

I wonder if the Libtards who want to destroy the Constitution, mainly the 2nd Amendment, would feel the same way if the Government was attacking the 1st Amendment, the 4th Amendment or the 5th Amendment? I bet they would stand up and scream, like they should. The problem is if they get rid of the 2nd Amendment, how will anyone defend the rest of the Constitution? </div></div>

There are members of the left who realize this. Education, and not attacks will benefit your fellow Americans, and yourself in return.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this brand of humor may be too sophisticated for some of us here on the Hide. </div></div>

I think he was very serious in making his point, which you missed completely. Sarcasm is a highly underrated form of humor. </div></div>

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit", Jonny Lee Miller, <span style="font-style: italic">Elementary</span> (Normally I don't quote anyone at all, ever)

Sarcasm has been overused past the point of absurdity. Listen to teen girls talk. They often imitate the adult world because they think it makes them cool to follow the "trends" that are exposed to them out of the adult world. This current overuse of sarcasm has gotten out of hand(I also think labeling it sarcasm is wrong, but that's something else).

I don't think there was any point to be missed. The only thing missing was the intention of the author. Was he a Republican, in the guise of a Democrat, trying to inflame us into doing something, or was he an uneducated, uncaring Democrat looking down upon his fellow Americans as being base, and barbaric? We probably won't know, so this letter to the editor deserves as much thought as any other letter to the editor.

The thing that needs to be understood is that there are people out there, deliberately trying to cause you to feel anger and hate, while using your own hate and anger against you. This is also how the Nazi Party rose to power. Blame the Jewish for their depression, use everyone's hate against them, and then they fucked over everyone they could in the end.

Sound familiar? Like the current animosity towards any American with a darker shade of skin, and anyone else who recently immigrated into this country? I served with a descendant of the Rothschilds family(I seriously doubt he knew) who made exactly the same paycheck as me. I served with many African Americans who shared Republican ideals and values, some were straight country boys, and shared a pinch of tobacco with me out of their own cans, and I've had some friends of Hispanic decent that felt that our country's immigration laws were too lenient. All of these people I served with in our nation's Armed Forces.

Be wary of who is talking. </div></div>

Jesus, enoug of the amature psychology. It was a fucking joke. He made a sarcastic comparison of the violent crime rates in Chicago and Morehad City, then inferred people that had been born via C-section were not naturally born and couldn't be president.

Wear your tin-foil hat, watch out for the con-trails and black helicopters, take your meds and enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow.

Holy shit you guys are ridiculous. The letter isn't a joke, here's the clip from the newspaper it was published in. This was posted in the Pit a few days ago. It's just some libtard and I've seen far stupider things posted in our paper. Bear-in-mind, that "letters to the editor" are from readers and are unedited by the newspapers. This was just some dumbass or comedian that sent a letter to the paper and the paper printed it (and I'd bet they were laughing too).

537406_467675196613155_352193282_n_zps4d42bfbc.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be wary of who is talking. </div></div>

Jesus, enoug of the amature psychology. It was a fucking joke. He made a sarcastic comparison of the violent crime rates in Chicago and Morehad City, then inferred people that had been born via C-section were not naturally born and couldn't be president.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I wasn't addressing just you. Sorry for not clarifying that. Do you know the person who wrote this then, because what if it is as it sounds, and nothing more?</span>

Wear your tin-foil hat,
<span style="color: #FF0000">Would a MICH count, or do I have to get an Ops-Core?</span>
watch out for the con-trails
<span style="color: #FF0000">They all look the same, so I don't see the point.</span>
and black helicopters,
<span style="color: #FF0000">I've worked with most of them in the Army, and they're green. I can tell you what model it is just from it's sound, and how well it's maintenance crew takes care of it. Most of them are in Jane's anyway. I can also do Ospreys, and strangely enough, some Russian birds. Maybe I can also play the accordian too.</span>
take your meds and
<span style="color: #FF0000">I just ran out and there is a full moon soon, so everyone is screwed. Does this mean the price of silver bullets will skyrocket?</span>
enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Why not? Good luck to your team.</span> </div></div>

Oh jeebus.......I'm starting to think that movie, Idiocracy is a documentary instead of a comedy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sht4brnz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_...1a4bcf887a.html

Beaufort, N.C.

Jan. 17, 2013

TO THE EDITOR:

Republicans and “so-called” conservatives are at it again. They are claiming that the Constitution gives people the right to have guns without the permission of the government. If that were true, then how could New York and Chicago have laws against it?

We Democrats are sick and tired of Republicans <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">constantly using the Constitution to cover up their true plans, which are to make us all afraid of everyone else</span></span>. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Our great president came from a civilized part of the country where there is strict gun control</span></span>, and he is only trying to bring the benefits of that more modern way of living to the rest of us. I don’t know the exact statistics, but <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">I’m quite certain that Chicago is a lot safer that Morehead City, when it comes to gun violence.</span></span>
But do Republicans and conservatives listen to the voice of reason? No, of course not. All they want to do is whine and complain about how gun control and wealth redistribution violate the Constitution, as if the Constitution were all that great, anyway. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">There are a lot of things that need to be changed about the Constitution, I’d say, and President Obama needs to change it.</span></span>
The Republicans are just trying to stand in the way, because the president is black. They even dared to question whether he was born in this country. I think all this demonstrates that the Constitution needs to be amended when it comes to the qualifications for being president. Right now, it says that a person has to be 35 years old and be a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">natural born citizen</span></span>. Well, that is obviously unfair because there are a great many otherwise qualified <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">people who cannot run for president because their mothers had to have a C-section</span></span>. But because the Constitution was written a hundred years ago, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">nobody even thought of the discrimination that would result from a doctor having to deliver a baby in this unnatural way</span></span>. Now that we Democrats are in control of the government, that’s just one more thing we should change in our drive to make life fair.

Please withhold my name because I don’t want to get crank calls. </div></div>

Well it appears there are more simpletons here on the hide than I suspected. If you are unable to detect the sarcasm in this letter I will point out some of the more obvious examples to you.

The first thing the writer does is blame Republicans for hiding behind the Constitution while creating wide spread divisiveness. Clearly this isn't the case, the Republicans in this country are such a bunch of pussies right now they couldn't organize a Tupperware Party, let alone manage some Vast Right Wing Conspiracy to divide and conquer the country.

The writer of the letter claims Chicago to be a lot safer than Morehead City because of their strict gun control laws and modern way of living. Morehead City has had 2 (yes 2) murders in the last 10 years. Chicago had 500 last year alone, last Memorial Day weekend 57 people were shot in Chicago, 12 died.

Then the writer makes a pithy comment about changing the Constitution and Obama needs to do it, like he has the ability to.

The last sarcastic point he makes may be lost on some of you. He claims being born via C-section constitutes and unnatrual birth, so that person not being a "naturally born" citizen is ineligible to be president. This is both sarcastic and a clever shot at whether or not Obama was born in this country.

The letter apparently achieved what the writer intended, it got the less sophisticated readers stirred up and banging their drums.

I guess this thread has crossed over into the political spectrum and may need to be locked, sorry about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess this thread has crossed over into the political spectrum and may need to be locked, sorry about that. </div></div>

I would agree with you if I didn't actually serve with a person who seriously talked this way, and seriously felt this way.

That's why I'm saying take it with a grain of salt, and why I say educate, and not attack.

I unfortunately speak from experience.

I wish I could believe this letter was meant as sarcasm, but sadly I'm inclined to think that there are people actually this stupid. I deal with them daily.

I'd have a lot more faith in the future if this was sarcasm though. ...hope I'm wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That's why I'm saying take it with a grain of salt, and why I say educate, and not attack.
</div></div>

While I tend to agree with your approach there are different ways to accomplish this. I am by profession a corporate trainer for the largest company in the industry I work in. Some situations and circumstances require different techniques. Studies show if you have a freindly approach and try to get along with your students/associates they will remember 5%-10% of what you are trying to relay to them. If you piss them off, or challenge their competence they remember every word you say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 168BTHPM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

While I tend to agree with your approach there are different ways to accomplish this. I am by profession a corporate trainer for the largest company in the industry I work in. Some situations and circumstances require different techniques. Studies show if you have a freindly approach and try to get along with your students/associates they will remember 5%-10% of what you are trying to relay to them. If you piss them off, or challenge their competence they remember every word you say. </div></div>

While I do have experience with the latter part of your sentence, I refuse to do it that way.

This is bigger than politics when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. The issue involves ALL Americans, therefore we as 2nd Amendment supporters have to provide truthful, and accurate information, and there has to be a bond of trust. Consider that what we work against for gun owner's rights is something of a propaganda machine, and all we have to do is dispute that propaganda using accurate, non-biased sources. Once our fellow Americans see that we as gun owners are not their enemies, then they will be more inclined to trust us, and maybe even become new shooters.

And the above has work for me as well. To be more specific it worked with the person that I referenced above, and I just told the truth, and told him were to go to find it.

Wow, is Illinois and Chicago great or what?

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago ?

Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago .

221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.

President: Barack Hussein Obama

Senator: Dick Durbin

House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.

Governor: Pat Quinn

House leader: Mike Madigan

Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)

Mayor: Rahm Emanuel

The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .

Of course, they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

State pension fund $78 Billion in debt, worst in country.

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country.

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois .

And he is going to 'fix' Washington politics for us???

George Ryan is no longer Governor, he is in the big house. Of course he was replaced by Rob Blajegovitch who is...that's right, also in the big house. And Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned a couple of weeks ago. That is because he is fighting being sent to...that's right, the big house.

The Land of Lincoln , where our governors make our license plates.

But you know what? As long as they keep providing entitlements to the population of Chicago , nothing is going to change, except the state will go broke before the country does.