• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mossberg MVP?

Rabiddawg71

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2013
Redding,Ca
Anyone have input before I buy one? The reviews I've read and watched on youtube has me convinced it'd be worth the money. Looks like the worst groups were in the 1 1/4" range with the good ones falling in at .35" to MOA. One guy shot a 3" average group at 300 yds, not with all his loads mind you but the potential is there I think for a good shooting coyote rifle.
Here's the video I watched yesterday on youtube
Any takers on this subject?

Mossberg MVP accuracy test. - YouTube

It is hard to say what kind of potential this rifle actually has. I wish that he had either worked up specific loads for each bullet size or just used box ammo. That would have made the test a little more user friendly. Since he did not do this it is hard to tell if the tight groups that he got were flukes or "actual potential". If you combine the 3 groups that he shot for each bullet size then each would have been just over 1moa at 100yrds. I would call this rifle a 1moa to 1.25moa rifle with the ammo that he was using. The difference in his 100yrd groups and his 300yrd groups leaves me scratching my head though. I guess that if you sat down and created a load specificly for this rifle then it has all of the needed parts to shoot tighter groups. But for the money and availbility of aftermarket parts I would rather just get a nice R700 in 223.

Dave

Last edited: