• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Mossberg question

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Just bought a new Mossberg 500 today. The deer/turkey combo in realtree AP camo. Got home from my dealer and found out the rear sight on the slug barrel is jacked up. It has about a 1/2 play in all directions. I'm not talking about the adjustments. The whole Williams sight moves. I have never had a problem with a new firearm but I am assuming I have to deal with the manufacture. So my question is has anyone had this problem and how is Mossberg's customer service. I am pretty bummed out because I planned on using it next weekend for out bonus 2 days shotgun weekend in Ohio. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Mossberg question

Take it back and change barrels or guns.dealer should stand behind what they sell

Yea I am going to try and swap it out this week. I took the elevation ramp off and tried tightening the lower piece to the barrel better. I really have to put a lot of ass into it to keep it from having any play, and when I crank it down the right side wants to raise up off the barrel. I was anxious about using it next weekend for our extended gun season but it looks like old faithful will have to do.

if your dealer won't, mossberg will. they have taken care of me in the past for my own mistakes.