• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

most accurate barrel for a 10-22? and build advice

Re: most accurate barrel for a 10-22? and build advice

I have Green mountain barrels and Volquartsen trigger assembly with Boyd stocks on both of mine. Very happy with both.

You might as well ask, "Who makes the most delicious hamburger?" , cause that is how many different answers you are gonna get.
Shilen makes good ones, Lilja and on and on. I would probably say those two are at the top of the drop in market. Clark custom is another big name with good track record.
Triggers, again lots of options and probably all are far superior to the factory tugger. Hard to say who makes the best. Kidd seems to be the one everyone compares everyone else to...so...maybe its the best. Volquartson is good and been around a long time, again, any of them are better than what you have. You have to decide what your pocketbook will stand.

Tactical stock? Depends on what you want. Boyd's makes great stocks at a very affordable price. You couldn't go wrong with them and they have a style to suit any need. At the top of the pile I would say McMillan, you can put in your order and spend a small fortune if you so desire, lots of cool colors or a custom color, your choice, great top of the line stocks,several styles to fit any need, and on a 10/22, IMHO a pile of overkill.

You have to decide what you need and what you can afford. A word of advice, buying the coolest rig on the block is not impressive, being able to shoot anything you put in your hands is.

For my latest build, based on a lot of reading, I went with KIDD receiver, bolt, and trigger group. Was planning on getting a KIDD barrel but Feddersen seems to be doing something exceptional for just $200, so got one of their (first) threaded match 10/22 barrels instead. Haven't gone tactical on 10/22 stocks (yet): Just Hogue and Vantage so far. Hogue's so cheap you may as well start with that.

Kidd !

Kidd. That being said if you can get a Lilja or a Benchmark made to fit the 10-22 I would go with one of those also. But my Kidd shoots incredibly accurate even from the dreaded Houge stock. I bought a Boyd's Tacticool for it just haven't fit it yet.

I built one out of a biathlon 10/22 had a broughton barrel fitted to the action and reamed. Bedded the stock and added a Kidd trigger group. Plus many other toys. If I did it again I would buy a steel action that is threaded. Add a Lilja barrel, And picked out a stock. Mine shoots absolutely incredible but I think I could have built what I just described for about the same $.
P.s. Kidd stuff is the heat. Buy your trigger group once.

Any experience with Shaw barrels for the 10/22?

A question for those shooting Kidd barrels: what length did you go with (16.5/18/20)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question for those shooting Kidd barrels: what length did you go with (16.5/18/20)? </div></div>

I went with the 16.5 and like Trigger Happys says its boringly accurate

I went with a Clarks Custom with the Heavy flutes, its a Lother /Walther blank and is a little pricey but it rings the bell everytime. Mine is on a 77/22, but they make them for 10/22.

j5gvi0.jpg
xy2wo.jpg

Green Mountain 20" Bull, Kidd drop in trigger parts, Promag Archangel Target, Hawke 6-24X44 scope. These 5 shot groups were shot at 25 yards with plain old CCI Mini Mag 40 gr plated ammo while I was fine tuning the scope. Now, after a few hundred rounds to break it in it will almost shoot this way at 50 yards with CCI Green Tag match.

10-22groups.jpg

I went with all Kidd except 10/22 receiver I polished. Receiver and ~ 1" barrel are bedded.

DSC_0232.jpg

^^ What is the make of your stock? Sweet rig by the way, what does it weigh with the 1" bull barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^ What is the make of your stock? Sweet rig by the way, what does it weigh with the 1" bull barrel? </div></div>

Thanks! 8.7# I think it's a Boyds but don't see it on their site. I built this 3-4 yrs ago