• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most Efficient way to carry this list of things

TexasMade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Lubbock, TX
18lb surgeon rifle. I have a tab gear Biathlon sling
Glock 17 and 200 rounds ammo and mags
100 rifle Rounds- Ordered TAB gear silent ammo carrier bag
Vectonix terrapin
Str8 laced shooting bag.
Kestrel 4500
Hydration

Think that's it for now. So duty belt? Vest? suggestions? Back pack? This match will require being fast on getting your gear out and ranging and go to shootin

The Eberlestock XD LoDrag would get my vote. You can carry your rifle in the pack or use a more traditional 2 point sling of your liking and have it slung in front of you. you will have plenty of room for the stuff you mentioned and some extras if you need it without be a really large pack. Plus, Eberlestock makes super quality products.

Eberlestock X3 LoDrag Backpack

Lubbock, TX....Wouldn't you use a Dodge Ram Diesel....In Lubbock, TX?

I like pairing a battle belt and small pack. Keep the stuff you need to shoot on the belt, drop the pack when you get to each stage with food, water, ammo, stuff you need but don't need to have ON you.

pelican case would fit a group of it but picking it up would be tuff!

load bearing vest with 12 loaded mags for the g17
belt with holster for g17
bagpack with camel back

Have the X3 low drag. Love it. Combined w/ battle belt for gear you need while shooting would work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18lb surgeon rifle. I have a tab gear Biathlon sling
Glock 17 and 200 rounds ammo and mags
100 rifle Rounds- Ordered TAB gear silent ammo carrier bag
Vectonix terrapin
Str8 laced shooting bag.
Kestrel 4500
Hydration

Think that's it for now. So duty belt? Vest? suggestions? Back pack? This match will require being fast on getting your gear out and ranging and go to shootin

Belt/ruck combo that's scalable to what you are doing.

- You already have a biathlon sling and can easily carry the rifle on your shoulder/back in conjunction with a belt, just a ruck or both together.

- Modular belt with a stiff inner belt that will have room to hold: Glock 17 holster, pouches for your pistol mags and a few pouches for your rifle mags (didn't say what type you use, but I wouldn't have more than 2 pouches x2 mags plus 1 in the gun), Tyr Tactical Terrapin/Kestrel pouch, D ring for shooting bag if you want it on the belt and a utility pouch if needed for multitool, dope book, iphone, etc.

- Small ruck (I use the Tactical Tailor Operator ruck) that will hold your extra ammo that can be incorporated into your mags on your belt, hydration bladder, shooting bag if you want it in the ruck and not on your belt, get some pull strings to mount a tripod and spotter on the rear (opposite side of your rifle), small field cleaning kit, IFAK, whatever.

The beauty in this is that you can use just the belt as it has your required items on it and could even be replaced by just a hydration bladder if needed. No need to lug everything around 100% of the time in something like a Eberlestock or a harness setup. Then if needed, you can scale it to the ruck and keep going without having to screw with your belt setup and still have the option to cache the ruck out in the field if you need to loose some weight or you don't need it.

Either way I reallllllllly like the Maxpedition Gearslinger Monsoon OR the Kifaru Scout. I will be putting up a video this month of my monsoon setup just to showcase how versatile it is(originally thought it wouldnt be this nifty).

Thank you Everyone for taking time to write me some suggestions. I will be googling a list of these products right now.

Get rid of half of it?

Eberlestock G3 Phantom

I use it as my range bag now -- Really convenient...One day it might meet it's real use...But, until then it holds everything and 2 water pouches.

I agree with the belt suggestions. If everything you listed is truly all you need then a small camelbak carrier and an S.O. Tech Mission Go Bag carried like a messenger bag could handle the rest and be very very low profile compared to a ruck or Eberlestock.

zwife.jpg

This may be for an entire different thread, but my biathlon sling gave me the idea of adding straps to my molle 2 rifleman backpack, with push button swivels. That way I can carry my heavy rifle on the back of the backpack.

Most Efficient way to carry this list of things

Eberlestock X3 lo drag. Stow the rifle in the scabbard. Put a carabiner on your rear bag and clip it to the MOLLE webbing on the exterior of the pack to save interior space. Carry your pistol mag out in a good holster. HSGI double decker taco mag carriers x2 for your rifle/pistol mags on your belt.

Last edited:
VTAC Brokos belt for the G17 and some of the mags. Use a Maxpedition or 5.11 Tactical pack with Hydration bladder for the rest of the pistol mags, rifle ammo, and the other necessities.