• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Re: Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

"Deer at 1,200 yards with a .270 and a Simmons scope..."

I shit you not.

1 hole group at 600 yards, it was a cop at that

7mm Remington Magnum gal-dernest thing I ever saw, flat to 1500 yards!

.075 inch average at 300 yards

This guy claimed 3000 yard shots and hitting a oil quart container with a 300 win mag. I tried to reason with him but he claimed a 300 win mag could shoot 5-6 miles.

All the posts in the most impressive shot thread except mine
laugh.gif
JK

What was that one about the guy claiming to be able to hit paintballs at 1000 yards? lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Deer at 1,200 yards with a .270 and a Simmons scope..."

</div></div>

And the statement, "I held at the top of his back"

3/4" (NOT MOA) at 900yds w/ a bone stock SPS and factory Corbon match ammo

This was a statement from a SF guy I know. He claims he knows this guy that shoots a 1.5 inch 5 shot group at 1700 yards with a .308.

I would like to meet this guy for some tips.

There is a .22 RF Face Book group just starting with a guy that can hit a 209 primer at 100 yds, apparently every time.

I want his rifle. And his ammo.

A guy with a .270 with 40,000+ rounds through it, still will put 5 rounds in a .010 (that's ten thousands)group, at 500 yds. Of course this is the same guy that buries guns in his yard, so he'll know where they are when the Chinese invade.

A fella I work with claims a shot at ~840 yards at an elk with a .243. Just missed and hit the ground below the elk.

The shot didn't work (he claims) because he just aimed to put the top of the elk back at the bottom of the scope image.

1000 yards using a AK with a standard 7.62 with a CCO we were shooting at a 5" by 5" steel plate the area was marked with glow sticks it took two full mags we got it

I think I have these beat... A range officer at my home range claimed 3/4" 5 shot group at 500 yards with a .50 cal muzzleloader...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dinc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a .22 RF Face Book group just starting with a guy that can hit a 209 primer at 100 yds, apparently every time.

I want his rifle. And his ammo. </div></div>

Sorry. I used it to shoot the Elk CAT5 mentioned ...

Edit: Ooops. That was my other rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thommy_gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">1000 yards </span>using a <span style="font-weight: bold">AK </span>with a standard 7.62 with a CCO we were shooting at a <span style="font-weight: bold">5" by 5" steel plate</span> the area was marked with glow sticks it took two full mags we got it </div></div>

Great first post. You will fit in well here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Minute of Duck </div></div>LOL!

Shot a deer at 700 yards, held dead on.
The story continues, he was in a tree this time, and shot another deer at 1200 yards. Both shots were with a 7mmMag, factory ammo. Both deer were shot in the shoulder and dropped in their tracks.

I had to leave the room.

Shot a Ca mountain lion that was stalking him, from across a canyon, bout 400yards. He told the game warden. GW told him to kill them all, because "we don`t like them".

"Im the best sniper in my SWAT, I can shoot .5 MOA at 75 yards all day long with my custom .308 sniper rifle"

here in colorado theres alot of tall tale hunters it seems ive heard countless stories of 500 plus shots on elk/deer being made with no holdover just cuz they were sighted in an inch high at 100 asked 3 of these types of people to guess range of a stump on a jobsite their guesses were between 200 and 350 mine was 110 turned out it was 122 yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loaded2280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here in colorado theres alot of tall tale hunters it seems ive heard countless stories of 500 plus shots on elk/deer being made with no holdover just cuz they were sighted in an inch high at 100 <span style="font-weight: bold">asked 3 of these types of people to guess range of a stump on a jobsite their guesses were between 200 and 350 mine was 110 turned out it was 122 yds</span> </div></div>

EXACTLY!!!! Every time I take someone shooting (who has mastered shooting to 500 yards) and have them shoot at 500 they are all shocked how far it actually is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Im the best sniper in my SWAT, I can shoot .5 MOA at 75 yards all day long with my custom .308 sniper rifle"</div></div>It can be worse than that, even. A Sergeant I know, who shall remain nameless, once corrected a departmental sniper who was having trouble connecting with a 2" target at 50 yards. The shooter kept holding under the target because, he said, at half the distance of his zero the bullet is still rising. I told him to dial 1/2 MOA. He told me to get lost.

good morning chuckle reading these.

The guy that said, "My sendero 7mm ultra puts them all in the same whole, I mean you can't even tell by lookin that I shot more than once"

also, not exactly an accuracy claim, but once heard a fellow say:
"I love my 7mm, it drops 1/4 inch at 400 and only 1/2 at 500"

This falls into the "first liar doesn't stand a chance" category. A couple of years ago I had a guy come into my place and when he saw a Garand in the rack began to tell me about his uncle. Said uncle was a sniper in the Korean war and could could consistently hit a pie plate at 6 miles with his Garand. I told him I had a Garand I shot in competition that I would put a G&H mount on , scope it and give him the rifle if his uncle could hit a pie plate 6 out of 8 shots at only 2000 yds. Said his uncle could do it if he was still alive. What an asshat.

"I can shoot a man through the pupil every time at 800 meters with my M1A" - the owner of a gun shop in Carrollton

I think it rediculous anytime the term "all day long" is included.

They have my attention right up to the point where I hear/read those words.

someone actually claimed this to me...no shit...ex army douche.
"i was a delta qualified sniper, not a delta sniper mind you, but I qualified to their standard. But anyhoo, when I was in Isreal serving with the IDF special forces snipers we were taking guys out at 5 miles away."

So I asked, with what?

" A .50 cal sniper rifle. Special ammo though that didn't use gunpowder. It's propellant was, well, pretty close to the same thing as c-4"

fellow coyote hunting buddy claimed to shoot .15 MOA side to side group at 100m with his 6mm AI.
I had to ask how he managed to shoot a hole that was smaller than his bullet diameter.

A fudd hunter offshore over heard me and another guy talking about long range shooting classes. Then he came to us and started talking about "I can shoot my factory 30-30 to 1000 yards just as good as your $3500 dollar custom rifle", my friend told the fudd to go fuck himself.

Herb Parsons, traveling sharpshooter for Winchester in the early 50's. Fying crow w/ 30-06 at 800 +/- yds.

http://showmanshooter.com/html/herb_parsons.html

Only thing ridiculous about this is that it's MIGHT be true. I wasn't there but I believe it.

"His greatest feat was unplanned. It occurred at a half-mile long race track near Blue Hill, Maine. While Parsons was performing, a flock of crows sailed toward some trees at the other end of the track. They were mere pepper specks in the distance.
“What’s beyond those woods?” he yelled to the audience. “Nothing but more woods,” someone hollered back. “They go clean to Canada.”
With that, Parsons grabbed a .30-06, swung it like he was shooting quail, and touched off a round. Seconds later, a crow exploded in a shower of feathers.
“Well,” Parsons shrugged, “that bullet had to go somewhere.”

As I see it, a flaw in some of what has been said in this thread is that some people have already decided what can and cannot be true, based on what they know or believe. I have shot groups at various distances that nobody would believe except the witnesses. There are people building rifles now that are more accurate than rifles have ever been. So I make no claims, but I do maintain that just because one or more people think something is not possible, does not necessarily mean that it is not.

Had a customer tell me the 7 Rem Mag was the flatest shooting rifle. he claimed it started to drop at 700 yards but would climb and not start dropping again until 1100-1200 yards. he didn't have to make hardly any adjustments until his target was over 600 yards. I'm so glad i don't work behind a gun counter any more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D squared</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a customer tell me the 7 Rem Mag was the flatest shooting rifle. he claimed it started to drop at 700 yards but would climb and not start dropping again until 1100-1200 yards. he didn't have to make hardly any adjustments until his target was over 600 yards. I'm so glad i don't work behind a gun counter any more. </div></div>

The opposite of that is it used to be painful for me to go into a local shop because inevitably while I was in there I'd overhear one yahoo behind the counter going on to someone about how Rem 5R's were guaranteed '1/2" accuracy @ 500yds'

Didn't help that he was inevitably selling the guy some sort of VX-II or something and would expect me to be impressed and nod appreciatively at the customer's choice of high-end optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I see it, a flaw in some of what has been said in this thread is that some people have already decided what can and cannot be true, based on what they know or believe. I have shot groups at various distances that nobody would believe except the witnesses. There are people building rifles now that are more accurate than rifles have ever been. So I make no claims, but I do maintain that just because one or more people think something is not possible, does not necessarily mean that it is not.</div></div>

Physics is physics, and morons is morons. It doesn't take much knowledge or experience for someone to determine they're standing in a pile of bullshit.