• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Mother-Daughter deer kills

Delta4-3

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2013
Arkansas
Well my 33lbs, 6 year old daughter killed her first deer with her AR in .300 BLK. The 110g hornady soft point split the heart in two. She made the perfect quartering-to shot. My wife made the exact same shot on a nice 9 point with her muzzle loader. Not her first, but it is her best.
A lot of thought went into building a gun for my daughter because she is so small. I managed to get an AR built that weighs 5.5lbs with optics and loaded 10rd mag.

As usual, my wife skinned her deer on her own.

fjVATyN.jpg

PZHZjRI.jpg

yNgp1e5.jpg

Last edited:
Very good, but a wife that skins her own buck...incredible! Way to go, congrats to all.

Congrats is in order especially for the little one!!

Curious is your wife gutting or skinning in that third pic??

Just doesn't look gutted yet..

Wow! Awesome all the way around! Congrats. I am itching to do a 300 blk build.

I cannot speak for the op, however, our camp is sufficiently close to our hunting area (and mostly accessible by 4 wheeler) that we skin and quarter our deer without gutting them. You miss out on a little bit of meat for the grinder but there really isn't that much meat on the ribs any way. It takes a steady hand to get the tenders without popping the gut but we seem to always get it done...

Great job on the hunt. Now I have to figure out how to get my wife to process her own deer...

Gutting, it's not far from the house so I take the guts to the burn pile so the dogs don't get em, or I haul them out to the field to bait yotes. Thanks guys!

I have 3 daughters, that's the oldest. I have a pic of all three kids helping process and package meat from mine a couple weeks ago, ill post pics of that too.

Processing the meat from my last one.... I have a one year old as well, and she was constantly trying to eat scraps out of the scrap bucket while we were cutting it up. It was a huge mess, but funny.

dNBPjw4.jpg

cUulFpm.jpg

That's a great story, and a beautiful family. You're a lucky man, congratulations

Especially congratulations to your daughter on her first deer! The buck your wife shot is darn nice too, way to go.

You sir, are a very luck man with a beautiful family and tasty meat in the freezer. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was very impressed...up until I saw that dog.

In all seriousness, bless you and your family. Truly American.

I laughed pretty hard on that one! That's my wife's little turd, I have no affiliation! I swear! I've got two english setters too, if that helps....

I am a HUGE FAN of your post. That's a beautiful family you've got there, man. The family that hunts and shoots together stays together. :)
Thanks brother! My wife loaded the rounds that she killed her first two deer with, then all the rest until now have been with a bow, and hunting by herself.
My daughter reloads with me too, but I'm not too sure if she got to help with the ones that killed her deer. I wish I would have kept track of it!
The pics processing it are at my parents house since they've got an industrial burger grinder and smoker, as well as the vacuum sealer. My mom actually was with my daughter when she shot it Sunday evening. She called this morning and is still sooooo excited. I had taken her out that morning but she got cold so we went in. On the game cam, there was a doe 5 minutes after we left! I was going to take her that evening, but my baby was being clingy, so mom went, and I'm glad she did because it was an amazing bonding experience for them.

The upside is that I pretty much watch the baby these days while the girls go kill stuff! It may seem backwards, but I'm the one winning, as she is growing up too fast and I want every minute of her time.

Before the youth season started, I told the 6yo that id build her another AR in pink if she killed one with proper shot placement....I should have started saving money!lol

Man that post was all over the place!

Great job thanks for posting this. My 6 year old says your daughter rocks and can't wait to go hunting.

Get her out there brother! My daughter is tiny for her age, so an AR works perfect. The stock collapses, offside micro red dot sights great, and you can make them super light. I spun up the lathe and made a pencil barrel for hers, and a low profile aluminum gas block.

For anyone taking young kids out hunting, I found something very helpful. I spent a lot of time with my girl in my lap, googling pictures of deer at various angles, until she could point exactly where the bullet needed to impact, without fail, from any angle. I think that was the key to her making a perfect shot from a difficult angle.

That is friggin great, I love seeing families involved, especially women and best yet, kids getting into hunting and shooting sports.

I do feel your pain, I have three dogs that try to help with my butchering activities.

Love those picture, especially your beautiful daughter. Cherish the memories, they grow up way too fast.

That is really cool. Those are great pics of a beautiful family making memories that will last forever. I am really jealous as my wife would be a member of PETA if I didn't put my foot down! There is absolutely no danger of her ever hunting with me! Congrats