• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Only time I ever saw one of these was at MOL Oil HQ in Budapest just after Hungary got out the USSR

Very cool, have never seen one inside of a hotel/office building (if that's where it actually is). We used to have them in the parking garages here in Seattle. They scared the shit out of me when I was a little kid. I watched, learned and tried one for the first time. Not bad, but you did want to pay attention. I'm sure there are none around anymore. Too many idiots that would decapitate themselves in short order these days.

Reactions: Barneybdb
..., but anything that goes to your lungs, stays in your lungs. Fiberglass strands will be with you forever.

Neither of the above statements is true. I'm not saying don't take precautions, but if you are going to work with something that is an industrial hygiene hazard get information from someone who is actually qualified, not from an internet BB that is dedicated to a completely non-related topic (Note: N95s are not quite worthless, but in the real world they are close)

Really? Maybe you can link the actual source then. Same as silica being labeled a carcinogen. It gets in your lungs and stays there. Over time it reacts to your body and turns to cancer. Don’t just throw doubt on it, link to the facts please. The only way I know of to remove any foreign object from your lungs isn’t nearly as pleasant as protecting them in the first place.

I have seen it.
That case shown had foam, not a faux guitar and the flip up hatch.

Plus there is the whole its a mivie thing..... ?

Cool way to tote a rifle discreetely anyways. A hard case golf bag for travel works too......

The sad part is the dipshit on the news is too busy acting to know he looks like a dipshit!
RipeImmaculateIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

Maybe just maybe, we have to many safety's built into our shit. I watched that and though 1/2 of the USA are to damn stupid to ride that thing.
^That looks dangerous AF. Not hard to imagine a little kid being crushed by that thing, and being in Eastern Europe I doubt there's any safety built into the design.

Train from Kleine Scheidigg, coming down to Wengernalp/Canadian corner, to Wengen, on to Lauterbrunne. Looking at Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau, Silberhorn und Schilthorn.....Berner Oberland. (y)(y)(y)
-
People need to go there and see just how beautiful that area still is . I been there a couple time and taken the train and been up and down all over the top of both sides of Lauterbrunne valley . I still want to get back there again .

Really? Maybe you can link the actual source then. Same as silica being labeled a carcinogen. It gets in your lungs and stays there. Over time it reacts to your body and turns to cancer. Don’t just throw doubt on it, link to the facts please. The only way I know of to remove any foreign object from your lungs isn’t nearly as pleasant as protecting them in the first place.
Crystalline silica, maybe. Amorphous silica is not carcinogenic.

Ok, here we go.

You state that once it is in your lungs it doesn't come out. That is wrong, the cilia constantly push particulates out of our lungs and into our throats where we cough them up or swallow them. Some things, like asbestos and silica do imbed and have the potential to cause harm by causing changes/scarring of the tissues in the lungs. Asbestos is different that most other materials as for lack of a better description it is "barbed" and imbeds in lung tissue and thereby causes long term damage, fiber glass is distinctly different in that respect. There is no doubt that fiberglass is an irritant and anyone who has ever worked around it knows that OSHA has a PEL for it and you should know that if you are ever around it in the workplace, and you should certainly try to avoid breathing it, but to date, as far as I know, fiberglass has not been shown to be a long term health hazard like asbestos.

Silica is a different animal, and much like asbestos it has potential long term effects. The concrete industry is right now trying to figure out how to deal with the respirable silica standard dropping from 250ug/m3 to 50ug/m3. It's a huge change for them. I spent last summer putting an 18 acre concrete cap over a dioxin plume and constantly fighting with the concrete crew to keep the dust down on the site.

Would you assholes( and I say that with all due respect, because I do respect some of you)
Start you a fucking asbestos, fiberglass, black lung thread!
A little blather is fine, the discussion has gone on long enough here.

When people have to ho back to the top, just to make SURe this is the motivational thread, then it's time the fucking dick waving prick fight moves on.

One more fucking post, and I am gonna risk the ban hammer, and an almost guaranteed nomination for an AVN "big dick" award, by posting a pic of my enormous cock!

Y'all go on and have a strong cup of shut the fuck up.

Nobody wants to read your depressing bullshit!

@armorpl8chikn

Fiberglass is the devil and every American boy learned it. Fiberglass bow, fiberglass elec fence posts, ... I think I still got that stuff working out of me. The Devil!

Reactions: hermosabeach
Would you assholes( and I say that with all due respect, because I do respect some of you)
Start you a fucking asbestos, fiberglass, black lung thread!
A little blather is fine, the discussion has gone on long enough here.

When people have to ho back to the top, just to make SURe this is the motivational thread, then it's time the fucking dick waving prick fight moves on.

One more fucking post, and I am gonna risk the ban hammer, and an almost guaranteed nomination for an AVN "big dick" award, by posting a pic of my enormous cock!

Y'all go on and have a strong cup of shut the fuck up.

Nobody wants to read your depressing bullshit!
So black lung is not motivational? I agree with you on that one.

But then you go on to talk about ban hammers and big cocks... I now have to question what you find motivational! ??