• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

One has its throttle firewalled... the other is nearing stall speed.....

Awesome!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Not quite. Stall (as mentioned below) is not very high relatively. P-51D at sea level will do something a fair amount less than 440mph at sea level. Critical altitude being something over 20,000 feet for that aircraft (I don't feel like looking it up and besides, guaranteed that isn't a stock-- but rather an air show-- aircraft. If I had the tail # Icould get all specs, but is not important regardless) and you have the venerable A-10 whose top speed at sea level is close to that of the Mustang. He's not going full throttle either. Remember that top speed for any of those aircraft is going to be a good deal higher where air is thinner. Less drag. And lift will be greater at sea level, air thicker. Therefore, lower stall speed.
In WWII it was a requirement that Naval aircraft- for aircraft carriers- had a stall speed at SL no greater than 70 mph.

@armorpl8chikn

We have that game! Someone (unk who) gifted it to my daughter.

Kids think its a riot.

Like we had BB gun and bottle rocket fights. My dad forbid roman candle fights, those were dangerous!
He did give us safety glasses for BB gun wars.

Its not real poop!
They do have some pretty light colored play-doh it looks like someone is having gallbladder issues.......

@armorpl8chikn

Kids think its a riot.

Like we had BB gun and bottle rocket fights. My dad forbid roman candle fights, those were dangerous!

Its not real poop!
They do have some pretty light colored play-doh it looks like someone is having gallbladder issues.......

That's funny, reminds me of the gross jelly bean flavors and Garbage Pail Kids when I was young. I mean, kids love that kind of humor.(y)

@armorpl8chikn

Kids think its a riot.

Its not real poop!

Yeah we played with BB guns and home made cannon(soup cans and duct tape, shot tennis balls with Ronsonall...you know).

AND we had rockem sockem robots, and evil keneivl wheelie motorcycle, and GI Joe with Kung Fu grip, and......

I suppose it is clear I have turned into a crotchety old man.

Plus I had all the shit any kid could dream of playing in as a kid, sheep and chicken.

I mean. Im a guy. I love poop humor who doesnt?

Maybe chikin is cranky due to recent issues such as talking about poop he isnt in charge of? Or ArmyJerry withdrawls?

Its ok Chikin, Im here to listen if you want to talk.........

I mean. Im a guy. I love poop humor who doesnt?

Maybe chikin is cranky due to recent issues such as talking about poop he isnt in charge of? Or ArmyJerry withdrawls?

Its ok Chikin, Im here to listen if you want to talk.........

Oh absolutely, poop humor is timeless....
Just....
Eh...maybe I see crazy where it isn't.

Hasbro's easy cake BFP!
All the kids will want one for Christmas!
IMG_20181002_172557825_BURST001.jpg

Ok....crotchety old fart subsiding. Yes....I do enjoy poop humor....or the pictures I have somewhere from days gone by.

My favorite?
"So Joe how did you get in this business?"

Well a long time ago when I was a little boy I always knew my calling. I would go around the farm and woods exploring my world. I knew early on the value of reading piles of shit. I was often heard saying, "Ahh...rabbit shit, (sniff sniff) he will die soon." Sure enough, usually within a day or two that rabbit would have a hunk of lead, or hunks(shotgun) in his vital places thus making him...well dead. I became somewhat of a "shit prophet" if you will.
Then one fateful day my 6th grade teacher asked around the class, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I became very excited because I KNEW IMMEDIATELY! Of course when it was my turn I immediately answered "A shit detective!"
Of course my teacher looked aghast and said, "Joseph do not use that word please!"
I felt bad about offending my teacher but was also confused, yet I pressed on, "Sorry ma'am, a shit inspector."
At this point she turned red a bit, I'm pretty sure she choked back a giggle as well, I don't know what she thought was funny. "Don't use that word again Joseph! Next time I'm sending you to the office!"
I'm thinking, damn lady it's my dream. What the hell you gettin yet panties in a wad over.
So I dug deep, had to find a word that wouldn't make her pissy again. One kid had already said he wanted to be a cowboy so I had this locked. "Um, I guess I wanna be a shit Wrangler."

Well she sent me directly to the office. Back then they whooped your ass with a paddle. The principal explained the problem."

And that, is how it happened.

This photo of a boy and his Gun Collection is dated c. 1959.

This is an exact representation of Me and My bedroom c. 1978, age 14... And it is utterly perfect. Amazingly enough, I never shot up a school, climbed a tower in Texas, burned Me Lai, did a drive-by, blah blah blah...

Instead I got two masters degrees, worked for NASA and other gummint entities... went crazy in the Dot Com Era, became an LEO and M/O after 911, and revere our Constitution... while acting as kind of a patron of the firearms arts... and more.

Man, you'd think with a collection like that I'd have already wiped out an entire school district before I was able to drive!!

So what changed? Liberalism. That's what changed!

Sirhr

I've got some raptor buddies too.

This young redtail hawk was waiting on the rain to trail off. I suspect his parents live on my place, since I've always got a pair of them around. Of course, they are twice the size of this guy. Some times they will orbit my tractor cab when I am mowing the rifle range. Love seeing them!
View attachment 7060567
WAs walking out the back door to my little shooting range last summer and had to turn around and wait awhile...the local wild Turkeys had already taken possession.
DSC00167.JPG