• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

That brings me back...took one of these to the shin:

s-l1000.jpg

A horse will gallop at about 30 MPH. From the time the rider started the run till he sat the bucket down was 55 seconds. Do the math an you will discover that the distance between Quigley and the bucket was a little over 800 yards.

The bucket was probably about 18 inches tall or about 2.15 MOA or .625 MILS.

From what I know about shooting my Sharps, I would say that the height of his peep on the rear sight was about right for a shot at that distance.

He was shooting a 45-110. If memory serves me correctly it was supposed to be a 540 grain paper patched bullet. I'd be willing to guess that the B/C for that bullet is about .2 and the MV was about 1250 fps. Run the numbers through JBM ballistics and the drop at that distance is about 1263 inches or 105 feet or about 35 yards.

The time of flight from JBM ballistics is about 2.9 seconds. The actual time of flight in the video is 2 seconds; which would place the bucket at 600 yards.

The only thing that I believe isn't realistic is that during that time period, an experienced marksman like the character in the movie would have taken that shot either sitting or prone.

Last edited:
He did this during the democrap primaries in 2016

I realize that but she's got a long vindictive memory. She's also so narcissistic that the thought that people don't like her is a foreign concept.

Heard a rumor that when her husband was in the White house that presidential staff members would walk by her room and hear the oft repeated refrain of; "Mirror, mirror on the wall..."

Reactions: jrassy
Cleaned the harddrive a little and found these. A friend, niece of my ex, I had the pleasure of taking her shooting for the first time ever and what a better way to introduce someone to the fine art of shooting than the pure fun of letting one loose and getting some..
Quite motivational to me, to be honest.

Cleaned the harddrive a little and found these. A friend, niece of my ex, I had the pleasure of taking her shooting for the first time ever and what a better way to introduce someone to the fine art of shooting than the pure fun of letting one loose and getting some..

View attachment 7065281

View attachment 7065283

Take me shooting your Mag and I'd be motivated too...........Haysoos Christo ! (y)(y)(y)

View attachment 7065281

View attachment 7065283

Few things more motivational than an angry beltfed....

Cheers,

Sirhr

View attachment 7065281

View attachment 7065283

Damn you, I'd almost forgotten about wanting an OOW semi M240. Absolutely no use in the world for it and I'm sure it would turn quickly into one of those "why in the hell did I buy this" things. But I still want one.

Damn you, I'd almost forgotten about wanting an OOW semi M240. Absolutely no use in the world for it and I'm sure it would turn quickly into one of those "why in the hell did I buy this" things. But I still want one.

I have one. You should get one. Because they never, ever get tiresome!
saw arrived.jpg

The RCBS 500gr FN has a BC of .365 and can be pushed to 1400fps.

2.37 TOF at those numbers.

For the love of all things Holy... it's a movie!

Ok... an awesome one. And as close as they could make it.

Well, never mind. Love your post!!! Proves it's possible if not necessarily plausible. In a Movie.

Cheers,

Sirhr

The RCBS 500gr FN has a BC of .365 and can be pushed to 1400fps.

2.37 TOF at those numbers.
Is that using the G1 or the GI table? I'm shooting a 420 grain paper patched bullet out of my sharps and using JBM ballistics, the B/C for that bullet is .192 G1.

Either way, it was close. I've been able to hit a one foot diameter target with my 1874 military sharps at 300 to 400 yards off hand. My custom Sharps still needs some work on that or maybe my eyes have gone bad.

Well, never mind. Love your post!!! Proves it's possible if not necessarily plausible. In a Movie.

Cheers,

Sirhr
[/QUOTE]
One of my favorite shows was myth busters particularly when they did movie scenes

Cheers,

Sirhr

One of my favorite shows was myth busters particularly when they did movie scenes
Get a dozen Sniper's Hide forum members in a room to watch a movie with a lot of shooting in it and I'll bet you that it will be stopped and rewound at least a hundred times while they try to figure out what equipment the characters are using and argue about whether or not the shot(s) could be made.

Well, am I right?

Get a dozen Sniper's Hide forum members in a room to watch a movie with a lot of shooting in it and I'll bet you that it will be stopped and rewound at least a hundred times while they try to figure out what equipment the characters are using and argue about whether or not the shot(s) could be made.

Well, am I right?

Well . . . except for the "stopped and rewound" part, I would bet you can get the same thing to happen right here just by starting a thread.

;)