• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

This thread has a lot of posts... for someone who does some rough carpentry, I need to slow down and look at these pictures.

How many hours went into just joining the blade to the firearm?

The thought of the samurai making Damascus blades by hand

From mining ore by hand
Refining steel the best they could
Heating and hammering the blade out, only to reheat, fold and repeat the process 50 times.... and then polishing everything when they could not source things from the inter web.

The detail is impressive.

The new konegsigg (sp) car has over 1,000 hours of polishing on the parts done by people with tools.... I can’t imagine how long it would take without electric and air tools....

It’s the same reason why the Python is a life’s of history... a production gun with 30+ hours of polishing.... unless we can end ITAR and ship parts to places with $1/hour wages.... we just won’t see that in any production gun
There is no doubt that a lot of work went into producing this kit and I'm not demeaning the craftsmanship. But it is not vintage. The steels used to produce the damascus are modern tool steels. I'm sure they were hammer forged. As for attaching the blade to the action, it appears to be bolted through the barrel band and is probably keyed into the action. The scrollwork and that damascus lever are what impress me the most. Although I have to ask, why put a lever on a black powder pistol?

Last edited:
The first friend I lost to combat was in Feb. 1968. There were more but he was the first. They say time heals all wounds... I guess it's not been enough time. And we were just kids. This woman lost the Father of her child. How much time does that take ?
The day you dont remember him, Is the day He is truly lost.

It’s also mans way of telling god, you can’t fire me, I quit!!!!!

It's funny you bring that up now. My daughter's boyfriend had a coworker/ friend blow his brains out over the weekend. This guy had everything, then his wife left him and within 2 days, he's dead. He was just looking for an end, not a solution.

It's funny you bring that up now. My daughter's boyfriend had a coworker/ friend blow his brains out over the weekend. This guy had everything, then his wife left him and within 2 days, he's dead. He was just looking for an end, not a solution.
No person is worth killing yourself over.

It's also a selfish act.

The person committing suicide doesn't have any concern for the feelings of the people that love him and how they will be hurt.

No person is worth killing yourself over.

It's also a selfish act.

The person committing suicide doesn't have any concern for the feelings of the people that love him and how they will be hurt.

Yes, the guy was co owner of the shop he worked at. Today, the surviving owner and crew are talking over the possibilities. His wife will probably want to be bought out of the business, and I don't believe the surviving owner has the money to do that. A very selfish thing to do. But like the OP said, it's and end, not a solution. He has affected so many people. The company, the workers, their families, the suppliers, the customers. We're talking hundreds, if not a thousand people.