• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

The story behind the pic.

Interesting story.

- but

I did not see any reference (well . . . maybe one - see below) that addressed the apparent issue that they are using fuel powered generators to create the electricity to charge their cars - which I believe is the irony in the photo.

From the article -

The most recent trips were two electric vehicles driven by members of the Tesla owners club of Western Australia who drove from Perth to Adelaide and return stopping at as many locations as possible; confirming each newly installed industrial power outlet was operating correctly, discussing EVs with the public, business owners and local councils, but most of all doing something that many people still believe is not possible.

As each month passes the charging options will improve. At this stage it is low-cost industrial power outlets provided by the Australian Electric Vehicle Association.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
1569330259862.png

Interesting story.

- but

I did not see any reference (well . . . maybe one - see below) that addressed the apparent issue that they are using fuel powered generators to create the electricity to charge their cars - which I believe is the irony in the photo.

From the article -

The most recent trips were two electric vehicles driven by members of the Tesla owners club of Western Australia who drove from Perth to Adelaide and return stopping at as many locations as possible; confirming each newly installed industrial power outlet was operating correctly, discussing EVs with the public, business owners and local councils, but most of all doing something that many people still believe is not possible.

As each month passes the charging options will improve. At this stage it is low-cost industrial power outlets provided by the Australian Electric Vehicle Association.

Oh, I totally get the irony, I just thought the article may have been of interest.
Particularly their calculations showing that using this setup, their trendy veganite electric cars created the same amount of diesel particulate emissions as a diesel vehicle, defeating the purpose for a much higher purchase price.

I may be a little perverse, but I still get a childish frisson from the stinkeye I get from ev drivers when I pull up next to them in my Range Rover with it's ostentatious V8 stroker vibrating their plastic toy?