• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

ThinPaltryAdder-size_restricted.gif
Gotta cool off those quantum processors.....

Good, old fashioned teenage hijinks. The way it should be.

You got that right. As a kid, we would gather up all of the metal barrels in the park that were used as trash cans. We would get them to the top of the biggest hill (made a great hill for sled riding in the winter). We would crawl into the barrels and get pushed down the hill. When we got to the bottom there was a gully for rain runoff and after hitting that, we'd go airborn for more than 20 feet. It would take us 20 minutes to gather are wits before we could do it all over again. There was always a line of kids waiting to be put into a barrel and rolled down the hill.

Talk about fun. When they got rid of those barrels and replaced them with wired trashed cans, it was almost like part of our childhood was thrown away.

The 70's were such a great time.....

Last edited:
I joined this site to learn about long range shooting and reloading tips.... and then I found this thread and 1500+ pages later, I’m writing in run on sentences and I have a Master’s Degree in education.

I joined this site to learn about long range shooting and reloading tips.... and then I found this thread and 1500+ pages later, I’m writing in run on sentences and I have a Master’s Degree in education.

They're not run on sentences, there's just so many facts in most of these posts that we just can't take the time to take a breath when we're so enthusiastic about a subject and who would want to add a . when you can just keep talking much less who would even notice a . anywhere in a post that is unless your one of those grammer Nazis...

Hey Barney, I have a whole CD/videos of the T-Birds when we took them down under for shows. But of course I was in the mighty KC-10 and not that scrawny old -135. ?
What year was that mate?? I remember taking part in this show with them in Perth, 1987.
1581334142198.png

F-16 81-0667 Thunderbirds 4 touches down at Perth from Jakarta on 13 October 1987

1581334451377.png

Behind the Thunderbirds came their tanker, McDonnell Douglas KC-10 30078, which provided the air-to-air refuelling
during the flight from Jakarta to Perth.

Last edited:
You know what they say?
Thars dem dat do and the udders teach.
Or sumpin like dat.

Don't take it personally.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
My kiddo has a cap gun (pair of six shooters) that uses roll caps.
Bright orange plastic...... probably ok since it seems everyone freaks out and we live in the burbs. Wish she had the cool ones like pictured as well. May have to keep my eyes out. Though currently more interested in a holster for the new Ruger single action .22 she has......

She said the caps dont smell as cool as shooting her real rifle (hard to get a strong burnt powder smell going with a slow running single shot), but dad can and she “spots” for me.
I have trained her that burnt powder smells good, in the same category as cooking steak or bacon......?

One day, she touched of a quick succession of shots with her cap gun in the garage being cute. The amplified sound scared the pee outta her.
No reprimand necessary. It was self limiting.

I have great memories of a family moving to my small town from Chicago when I was about 7. Scared the piss outta their whiny and fit throwing little princess with my cap gun collection and a pocket full of caps.

Bubba (from Alabama) applied for an engineering position at a Lake Charles refinery.

A Yankee applied for the same job and both applicants having the same qualifications were asked to take a test by the manager.

Upon completion of the test, both men only missed one of the questions.

The manager went to Bubba and said: "Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to give the Yankee the job."

Bubba asked: "And why are you giving him the job? We both got nine questions correct. This being Louisiana, and me being a Southern boy
I should get the job!"

The manager said: "We have made our decision based not on the correct answers, but rather on the one question that you both missed."

Bubba then asked: "And just how would one incorrect answer be better than the other?"

The manager replied: "Bubba, its like this. On question #4 the Yankee put down; "I don't know."

You put down, "Neither do I."

What year was that mate?? I remember taking part in this show with them in Perth, 1987.
View attachment 7246012
F-16 81-0667 Thunderbirds 4 touches down at Perth from Jakarta on 13 October 1987

View attachment 7246013
Behind the Thunderbirds came their tanker, McDonnell Douglas KC-10 30078, which provided the air-to-air refuelling
during the flight from Jakarta to Perth.
It was either 2009, 2010 or there about. I don't rightly recall.

Reactions: Barneybdb
I’d help her in her false advertising endeavor.
I almost got into a fist fight with a major in an O-club who took offense to me using the term “Thunderchicken.”

Some people, with big egos, can be a little too sensitive.

There's a reason they put a zero in front of their paygrades.