• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

E936584A-8B10-43F5-82CE-6F3F756D6A8A.jpeg

I had my ass beat with a belt for crying about my arm and it turned out broken several hours later.

Fell off a roof support at the local pool (we sat there to get out of the sun) after a kid yanked my towel out from under me. I was about 11 and landed on my elbow. Used the pool phone to call my mom, my arms was shaking and I couldn't hold it still.

Mom had me walk to my aunts house about 1 1/2 miles away (up hill).

Aunt called my mom and said I was fine, just a elbow scrape. Decided to walk home, another 2 miles. Arm hurt so I went to bed bed early. Woke up for school and it was pretty swollen and hurt like shit. My mom decided to take me to the dr later that day, at least she let me stay home from school.

Broke my elbow and funny bone, hence the tremors. He reset it and put a cast on it. Normal shit, no one questioned it back then.

Another school shooting was prevented by an alert faculty.

What truly blows my mind is the police actually responded.

"What mam, you have a special needs 6 year old that pointed her fingers at someone like a gun? We'll be right over."

I know nothing came of it but still. The proper response would have been to hang up the phone and go on with the day, but then again, no one wants a gun toting special needs 6 year old rampaging through the school. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: rduckwor
This is so true. I was 5 years old and ran passed a nail sticking out of a piece of wood. I ripped a 3 inch gashing wound to my leg. My dad packed me up, took me to my family doctor. He gave me a local and stitched me up in his office. Same thing happened when I was a teen. I clipped a cr's trunk with my head and put a nice 1 inch ripped wound just above my forehead. My brother in law took my shirt off, told me to hold it to my wound. Off we go to that same doctor. He shaved a little of my hair back and stitched it up again right in his office.
I had a similar leg laceration that clearly needed sutures, but I got it doing what I was told not to do , and a beating would follow, so I let it heal by secondary intention..

In my area, we MUST respond to EVERY call for service. No matter how absurd.

Ive gotten called because a neighbor was throwing grass clippings onto the callers yard while mowing. Snake in a garage. Young child (under the age of 9) "out of control" and so many others, it's ridiculous. People call, we go.

Lived in GA for a while and the ER in the summer treated 30 kids each nite for glass lacerations in feet...seems they only wore shoes in school during the year . The folks were po'.
soaked them in betadine and gave a Tetanus shot, sent them home to soak in soap and water 4X/day. Never ever sutured the wounds ...only infection I saw in 2 years in the ER was when some dumb ass know it all intern sewed up a foot against orders/protocol

This is so true. I was 5 years old and ran passed a nail sticking out of a piece of wood. I ripped a 3 inch gashing wound to my leg. My dad packed me up, took me to my family doctor. He gave me a local and stitched me up in his office. Same thing happened when I was a teen. I clipped a cr's trunk with my head and put a nice 1 inch ripped wound just above my forehead. My brother in law took my shirt off, told me to hold it to my wound. Off we go to that same doctor. He shaved a little of my hair back and stitched it up again right in his office.
I got stabbed in college. Slash, not a deep jab.
A bunch of steri strips / butterfly closures and it stopped bleeding more or less.
It opened up a bit when walking around for 3 days

healed up just fine. Life in LA was fun in the 80s and 90’s

Last edited:
In my area, we MUST respond to EVERY call for service. No matter how absurd.

Ive gotten called because a neighbor was throwing grass clippings onto the callers yard while mowing. Snake in a garage. Young child (under the age of 9) "out of control" and so many others, it's ridiculous. People call, we go.

AND THAT... is how they kill police officers... They know if they call PD will show up..

Just turned the page on a 27 year career in LE...

As a teenager, while hunting the southern Atchafalaya Basin swamp (Louisiana), I came upon a flooded area where an oil field rig/pump used to be. I managed to run a 10" 100d "spike" into my foot. I continued squirrel hunting, working my way back to my jeep. When I got home my father said it was only a small puncture - "the bleeding stopped so it couldn't be that bad." He poured some mercurochrome and put a band aid on it - a good cure-all.
My mother came home ... well, you know the drama. The doctor probed for awhile - OMG, the pain. Worse than when I stepped on the spike. I think I peed myself. Of course, afterwards he gave me a pain killer and some antibiotics. Kept my mouth shut around my father, afraid he would call me a pu**y.
Man I had almost the same thing happen, they had to open that hole back up and clean it, man o man did it hurt, took like 6 nurses to hold me down ( I was 10). Every night it had to be cleaned. Maybe I’m just a pussy but damn did it hurt

Its been a few years (about 7). I whacked my left pointer nice and hard with my old Estwing (was my grandads).
Board I was holding slipped. I was “tapping” it into place between some other boards and wanted a snug fit.

Took a C arm xray a couple days later at work, busted the distal phalanx clean in 2 pieces.
Had already drilled the nail to let a ton of blood out. Good times.....?