• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Ok..... The person that damaged it got a very good ass chewing he was a good mech and a long time employee and mistakes do happen but was reminded many times of what the cost to rebuild the pump and what damage it could of caused if it was not stopped in time. as for me I needed a change of uniform I was covered in fuel and ash from the exhaust, engine was a 3406A

il_340x270.527144809_gn4a.jpg

Yeah I am lucky enough to live in Oregon and there are so many awesome breweries here. I love it..... my liver hates it

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

the old time diesel mechanics told me the reason a detroit service manuel was so big
was half of it was for tech, and the rest was to hold it together when you slammed it
over the intake to shut it down when it ran away.:)

The liver is evil, and therefore must be punished! I love me some Dead Guy Ale, I'll pick up a 6-pack whenever I can find one and have $15 in my pocket to spend on 6 beers.

the old time diesel mechanics told me the reason a detroit service manuel was so big
was half of it was for tech, and the rest was to hold it together when you slammed it
over the intake to shut it down when it ran away.:)

That has been said many many times I used to keep a clip board near by to throw over the intake just in case, Years ago the older 71 series and the 53 series used to have a emergency shut down built into the intake but they quit using them when they started turbo charging the engines.

It looks like it's not a good idea to threaten your wife with a pocket knife in Turkey.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f0130218e443" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, that little girl nailed it. This song is and always has been special to me. Usually when some pop star dingbat sings it at a major event, they feel they have to spice it up and personalize it with their own flavor and jazz. This song is not meant to be twisted and customized, so in my old fart opinion most ruin it.

She knocks it out of the park with her range and heart. Truly she has a gift. When you consider her young age and the hurdles she faces everyday, it is indeed motivational.

DISCLAIMER: However, let it also be known and publicly recorded that I do loves me some hearty Ta Ta's and similar tasty treats. Carry on with your usual programing.

Twitch I know, I know, but its pretty good for stock over the road trucks...

We had a Tech turn up one night to tweak a Cummins (IH/Case Maxim, two weeks old) that we were running on a high pressure silage job. The silly sod slid into the yard when we'd gone to another part of the sight.... Didn't bring the Dyno and just (we only found out latter) turned the pump up without breaking the wire insurance seals.
Anyway.... We'd burnt the paint off big patches of it by breakfast, and at lunch the Rad' cap blew (lf anyone find's it we'd like it back from the next county)

When the Rep' turned up he screamed blue bloody murder, but a (present company accepted) Yank he had with him simply said "Box it n ship it home, l've got some lad's that'd like a look at that one" After she'd cooled we were told to "Thrash it!!" and see how she went..... Well we tried..... but she wouldn't blow!!! Can only guess what she looked like inside......

Diesel's..... Got to love 'em!!

Last edited:
Cool race. Too bad this ding bat sucks at video. Who do you think wins?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3819OC-7wA

Having been to many many top fuel drag races, my money was on the Nitro car all the way. Jets just don't accel that fast. The jet would be better to race a Pro-Stock car, it would be a better race. Just remember aircraft carriers didn't have catapultes until the jet came along. I know that some of that has to do with wind design and stall speed, but I believe from a standing start a P-51 Mustang can go 0-150mph faster than a F-4.

Having been to many many top fuel drag races, my money was on the Nitro car all the way. Jets just don't accel that fast. The jet would be better to race a Pro-Stock car, it would be a better race. Just remember aircraft carriers didn't have catapultes until the jet came along. I know that some of that has to do with wind design and stall speed, but I believe from a standing start a P-51 Mustang can go 0-150mph faster than a F-4.

I knew a Marine General that flew A4 during Vietnam and he was telling me he was flying up the Coast of Calif looking at the Whales when he noticed this P51 flying beside him. He said through hand signals the P51 pilot wanted to do follow the leader.
Duff said the son of a bitch went under a bridge trying to fly him into the ground. He said if he had went under the bridge he would have never been able to spool up the engine fast enough to clear the ground.

Ever heard of a runaway Diesel?

I had a 1986 For Ranger Diesel (Mitsubishi 4 cyl turbo).
It had a vent hose that ran from the valve cover back to an inlet on the cover for the air filter.
It would sweat oil through that vent and the oil would soak the lower end of the air filter.
The air filters, and every other part for that matter, were expensive for that thing.

I decided instead of buying another filter I would clean the old one.
I washed it in gas, and laid it out in the July sun on the patio for several hours to dry out.
I could still smell gas, but it wasn't wet to the touch at all, so I figured it was OK to re-install.

IIRC, that tach registered a max of about 7k RPM.
When I cranked it up, it immediately pegged the tach and I suspect it would have gone around again if it could.
It was spinning so fast that it sounded more like a jet than a truck.

Of course, turning off the ignition switch did absolutely nothing, so I ducked down as low as I could get in the front seat and waited it out.
I just knew that it was going to fly apart and shred my carport, but it eventually settled down and shut off.

It was a tough and scary lesson to learn, but hilarious in retrospect.