• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

monty.png

Been there, done that.
Had to convoy from Alexandria to New Orleans after Katrina. We were supposed to follow this dumb bitch Army Majors kegger map and the convoy ended up getting split into about 15 elements.
When we finally found the camp, the only thing she had to say was "I'm glad to see you made it, what took you so long"?
Stupid bitch, still hate that worthless POS.

You need an enzyme that cuts up the viral coat to “dismantle” or inactivate the virus but as soon as the RNA gets replicated you are gonna have another viral coat. It would have to be in high enough concentration to continuously dismantle or block the viral replication cycle... it would cause secondary and tertiary complications in the body.

Requires the machinery of a host cell to replicate. On hands or surfaces caustic chemical turn it into harmless chopped up nucleotides.

Requires the machinery of a host cell to replicate. On hands or surfaces caustic chemical turn it into harmless chopped up nucleotides.

Hence the reason why viruses could not be classified as either living or dead...

In actuality, they behave in a much more chemistry than biological manner. Everything has to line up properly for the reaction to begin. No matching receptor proteins, no entry. Receptor proteins blocked by another compound? No entry. Antiviral medications are easily researched and listed. Compounds that can bind to cellular receptor proteins can be identified very quickly using today's computer technology. HOWEVER, antivirals often target the same receptor proteins that the host cell uses for it's own metabolism, and antivirals that bind to the virus's "anchors" often bind with host cells too. That is why many antivirals have severe side effects. Aside from the special cocktails that are used to suppress HIV infection, most antiviral drugs that have been developed in the past half century have either been failures, or possessing just marginal success.

In actuality, they behave in a much more chemistry than biological manner. Everything has to line up properly for the reaction to begin. No matching receptor proteins, no entry. Receptor proteins blocked by another compound? No entry. Antiviral medications are easily researched and listed. Compounds that can bind to cellular receptor proteins can be identified very quickly using today's computer technology. HOWEVER, antivirals often target the same receptor proteins that the host cell uses for it's own metabolism, and antivirals that bind to the virus's "anchors" often bind with host cells too. That is why many antivirals have severe side effects. Aside from the special cocktails that are used to suppress HIV infection, most antiviral drugs that have been developed in the past half century have either been failures, or possessing just marginal success.

Anti-viral drugs are very much like new legislation; they often do as much or more harm than good.

Correct, sort of, except the fact viruses aren't "alive" anyways. That's just semantics, though. But yes, what @SWgeezer was calling "dead" viruses can't infect anyone. It's like saying a bullet without a case or powder can still kill you. Just doesn't work that way. It is a common misconception, though. People don't realize how incredibly complex virology and immunology are - every season when people are bitching about the flu vaccine and why we can't just cure it I have to bite my tongue so much it literally ought to look like Swiss cheese at the end of the day.

Bottom line, handwashing and use of antibacterial gels/foams reduce the spread of disease. Period.

We could always go back to the bad old days of Civil War and medieval medicine if ya'll want. :D We may end up there anyways once our politicians end up crashing the world economy and sending us back 100 years or so in a depression.

I sure hope you are correct, lots of experts around these days. I am now wondering how vaccines work on cattle, I have used live virus, modified live virus and killed virus on respiratory diseases. All for the same Bovine Respiratory diseases. The live virus usually makes them sick as hell, while the others have a more limited effect, but also a limited immunity response with the killed virus, they still show a sick response for a day or 2 after the killed virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: EddieNFL