• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

gyna restaurant.jpeg

Years ago two separate riding buddies back in '82 or so. One had a brand new Honda Magna 1100 he dumped on a rain grooved freeway at 137 (redline in fifth gear, would not pull redline in sixth cruising gear) when it went into head shake. After it spit him off it straitened up and ran down the road another half mile and came to rest leaning on the center divider jersey barrier. Jeans and a short sleeve shirt, hell of a road rash, didn't have much ass left.

The other guy was hustling through some semi-fast sweepers in farm country with his girlfriend, unfortunately a lot of farm equipment had crossed the road laying down a lot of dirt in a sweeper. Dumped the bike and his girlfriend surfed him down the road. Both wearing shorts, wifebeaters and flip flops. LEGENDARY road rash and sanded off some of his face. Started wearing riding gear and a brain bucket.

The one thing I always feared were bridges with the damn steel road grating, damn Dunlops squirmed like crazy on that shit.
My older buddy just got back into riding after a 30 year absence about 10 years ago. I tried to get him to go with us to taco tuesday up by Mt. Hood but that required going over the narrow, windy, completely see through grated Hood River Bridge across the Colombia River. The Gorge is known a wind surfing/kiting meca due to the summer winds.

I finally convinced him to try since I do it all the time on DOT full knobbies. The throttle is your friend and just follow me and do as I do and you will be fine, don't look down, I said.

We headed on the bridge with about a 15-20 mph full value wind on our right. Could a see a logging truck and a rv coming just as we got on the grading. He looked nervous so I lofted the front end in 3rd gear and rode past all traffic, he just followed and tried to keep up.

His eyes were as big as pancakes when we got to the toll booth and I said how was the grading? He said I scared him so bad he didn't even notice!

Your front tire is not affected by the grates if its in the air. loosen your grip on the bars and let them do their thing, no big deal.