• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

D0533A80-2E61-4459-84DE-E105BE653D23.jpeg

My wife is a long time runner(marathon, fun run, whatever). But after a year of me being out of the gym for my rotator cuff I was back! Well my wife is a surgeon and is friends with the surgeon who did my shoulder so she came to the barn with me to lift....really, nanny me into not going heavy or other stupid shit.

Because of this my wife doesn’t run anymore, she lifts...but the first solid month she looked like this! Didn’t matter which body part, she was fucked up for 2 solid days afterwards lol

bench
I learned a long time ago when I was lifting with world record holding power lifters to never lift to failure on a set. I always leave at least 1 rep in the tank, 2 reps if I am going for more than 3 more sets. The recovery time is much faster and you are not actually tearing down muscle that makes recovery time much longer. I do legs, back and chest 3 times a week, all on the same day. I have however in my younger days worked my legs so hard I couldn't go down 2 steps to leave the gym, worked my shoulders and arms so hard I couldn't raise my hands high enough to wash my hair after lifting, and worked my back so hard I couldn't start a lawn mower. Now I work smarter not harder. For a short 60 year old guy that can still squat 405, dead lift 455, straight leg 365 and bench 285, I think I am getting along okay.

I learned a long time ago when I was lifting with world record holding power lifters to never lift to failure on a set. I always leave at least 1 rep in the tank, 2 reps if I am going for more than 3 more sets. The recovery time is much faster and you are not actually tearing down muscle that makes recovery time much longer. I do legs, back and chest 3 times a week, all on the same day. I have however in my younger days worked my legs so hard I couldn't go down 2 steps to leave the gym, worked my shoulders and arms so hard I couldn't raise my hands high enough to wash my hair after lifting, and worked my back so hard I couldn't start a lawn mower. Now I work smarter not harder. For a short 60 year old guy that can still squat 405, dead lift 455, straight leg 365 and bench 285, I think I am getting along okay.
I'm 58. I work out with barbells. You are an inspiration. I can't see hitting those numbers without a major lifestyle change.