• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Cool as fuck

Wonder if the pilot lost his wings. I know a guy that did something similar in an F-16... He and co-pilot were permanently grounded

Nope. That's Blue Angel #5 doing his part of the 'Sneak Pass' during Fleet Week in San Francisco several years ago. There's a short YouTube clip out there somewhere that this .gif was derived from.

Cool as fuck

Wonder if the pilot lost his wings. I know a guy that did something similar in an F-16... He and co-pilot were permanently grounded
That looks very similar to the Sea Fair in Seattle. I was up there about 3 decades ago with the Tosti Austi unlimitted hydro during testing on Saturday when the Blue Angles were practicing for their Sunday show. Where I was on the pit dock and was 120-150yds from the pilot that did exactly what's shown in that video all the way down the front straight of the track. It was surreal to watch live, definitely a very cool experience!

A guy in a neighboring town gave the satellites something to read as well.

20200717_181733.jpg

Last edited:
I hopped a ride on this bad boy today with our 13yr old Godson. B17 G, toured it yesterday, got up this am. I was surprised as to how small it actually was for what they accomplished, 10 man crew.
The survival rates of crews flying these makes one think twice. I guess Surreal is the only word I have.
B173.jpgB172.jpgB171.jpgB17.jpg

I hopped a ride on this bad boy today with our 13yr old Godson. B17 G, toured it yesterday, got up this am. I was surprised as to how small it actually was for what they accomplished, 10 man crew.
The survival rates of crews flying these makes one think twice. I guess Surreal is the only word I have.
View attachment 7376928View attachment 7376929View attachment 7376931View attachment 7376932

Since you didn't post your "dimensions": The average sized man of that day was quite smaller than today.

Since you didn't post your "dimensions": The average sized man of that day was quite smaller than today.
Yes, I agree. I referred to overall size of the plane. Lol, at 18, I was not getting in the ball turret or be a tail gunner, that was 1976, kids today way bigger than myself.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Yes, I agree. I referred to overall size of the plane. Lol, at 18, I was not getting in the ball turret or be a tail gunner, that was 1976, kids today way bigger than myself.

Don't worry, there's always guys like me to get the fun jobs. :)

Reactions: Milo 2.5
The downside is only kids pre-puberty can fit in that ball turret... The good news is they're really good at video games

Caliber? Looks bigger than a rifle round but smaller than a cannon.
WHAT CUSTER LEFT BEHIND. In May 1876, Brig. Gen. Alfred Terry with Lt. Col. George Custer left Fort Lincoln (near Bismarck, ND) with three .50 caliber and two 1-inch Gatling guns. The 1-inch guns, as in the photo, were likely left at Powder River Supply Depot near Terry, MT. After Terry and Col. John Gibbon rendezvoused, Custer left the .50 caliber guns behind to avoid slowing the 7th Cavalry. Sec. Lt. William Low and the Gatling guns of the 20th Infantry were assigned to Gibbon.

F. Jay Haynes captured the view at Ft. Lincoln in probably June 1877. The mix of uniform styles included coats made for the Civil War. One of several caissons for ammunition was in view. Haynes stereoscopic camera used glass-plate negatives that required chemical baths immediately before and after shooting. Click image on a PC to better see detail.
— at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.

I would rather bare handed handle/relocate a pissed off rattlesnake than give one ounce of attention to an antifa/blm/defund protestor. Yes I realize i am wearing blackface.

Attachments

• 00E802AF-D98D-40CC-BDE6-32BDFB6AD3E8.jpeg
    00E802AF-D98D-40CC-BDE6-32BDFB6AD3E8.jpeg
    604.3 KB · Views: 449