• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

45AF975C-490B-4FD0-AFF9-A985DF88C864.jpeg

Everyone wants to be a badass fishing the AK bush and see bears.

Spend the cash and you can.

Seen a lot of folks freak out over a much less scary encounter.

I once stood with my nose within a foot of a pissed off momma moose with a cheap aluminum screen door between us.
My buddy was grabbing the shotgun.
She was chasing the dog who was harassing her twins, I grabbed him and pulled him into the house.
I stood up and there she was. Her breathe steaming the plexiglass on the top 1/3rd.

Closer than I like to come to dying. Helluva rush though.
Never had a bad bear scare, though have had a lot within 20 feet. They were busy fishing, not messing with me. We just moved away slowly and all was good.

Edit to add pic of her and the twins. Different day by where we cleaned fish 50 yds from the house.

View attachment 7394008
When I lived in AK, one year there was a momma and her two babies that would make a stop in my yard every morning to piss. Some of the only times when calling in late to work is acceptable! Try calling in when there is snow on the ground and shit hit the fan. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic of them.
04C7D2AC-FB9C-412A-B6B9-726BA7BBC87D.jpeg

Last edited: