• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1612563335492.png

And they arent native in CO.
or breed here.
If they are here, they arrived with someones bags or house goods if they moved.
(source, some insanely smart entomologist known as the expert on them.)

Despite what all the junkies and tweekers say, it aint a brown recluse bite

When I lived in the midwest I knew 2 people bitten by the brown recluse.
both survived with very very nasty scars.
I've been bitten by one. I was camping when I was about 15 or so. Woke up early in the morning with my thigh burning! I ripped off my sleeping bag thinking a coal had popped out of the fire and melted into my leg. Seeing nothing, I ripped off my pants. Then I saw a big dark red spot radiating outward. Didn't know what it was at the time but it hurt like pure hell! The next Monday at school, it was hurting and not looking so good, so I went to the nurse. She then explained what it was. It left a creator in my leg for a long time, which eventually filled back in and left a big dark spot there for years. It finally went away, but that was by far the most painful bite type of thing I've ever felt. Worse than getting stung on the face by a hornet. Those are bad SOB's!

Reactions: Ravenworks
I was deployed to Ali Al Salem and my tent mate didn't like to clean. Well he got bit by a variant of the brown recluse and didn't tell anyone. We got to Romania and he slept when everyone partied. We got to Germany and he took his boot off and I have never smelled or seen anything like that. We had to leave him in Germany for several weeks of emergency antibiotics to keep his foot. I respect the heck out of those little buggers and triple checked all of my gear from then on.

You may have "Unbreakable" tattooed on your chest, but the one thing that you will never break is to have any other human being have any interest in you after you take your clothes off.

We can agree to disagree on this. I prolly wouldn't buy it, but she'd prolly make a nice rental. To each thier own.

Muahahahahaaaaaa

View attachment 7547745
Wolf spiders around my parts are all over the place. I routinely find them in the house. Just running around. Generally the grass is infested with them. Because in 'Bama they put the weep holes pretty much right at ground level, it's really easy for them to just walk on in.

WTF kind of snake is that? Other than a wallet and a belt or two or 3 it doesn't look familiar...Thank God I'll add.
Just a carpet python. They’re pretty harmless, fairly big bastards though. They’re pretty docile and easy to pick up and move away from the house during the day or when they’ve got a belly full of someone’s cat but can get a bit grumpy at night if you try.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Only spiders I let live undisturbed, are jumping spiders. One, they cool as fuck. Two, they eat other spiders. Three, they are not a threat to humans. I used to catch them as a kid. Other spiders, they die.

Reactions: Frank Warren
When I met her circa 1990 in Bogota. I thought her name was Ximena. Same effect though.

1612575747927.png

Phoneutria

Phoneutria are poisonous to humans, and they are considered to be the deadliest of all the world's spiders. Their venom is toxic to the nervous system, causing symptoms such as salivation, irregular heartbeat, and prolonged, painful erections (priapism) in men.

Not my first LBC (Little British car) Ive had Triumphs, a Ginetta, Other Lotuses Nash Metropolitan. Was a profesional Mercedes mechanic during the 80's and early 90's. Crashed a few and luckily walked away. Even crewed at vitage races. Down to a Triumph in the garage now. Retired Spitfire race car that Ive managed to get licensed for the road.
I love Collin Chapman's philosophy for race car suspension design. Keep taking pieces out until it breaks, then put the last piece back in.

You may have "Unbreakable" tattooed on your chest, but the one thing that you will never break is to have any other human being have any interest in you after you take your clothes off.
BFC would fuck it.

I love Collin Chapman's philosophy for race car suspension design. Keep taking pieces out until it breaks, then put the last piece back in.
He also liked to make one part do more than one task.

1612591686503.png

Harlem Hellfighters​

According to History.com, The Harlem Hellfighters “were an African-American infantry unit in WWI who spent more time in combat than any other American unit.” Their bravery was unquestionable, but largely unrecognized. Many returned from the war to have their heroics, and injuries undocumented. This was the case for Henry, who had 21 combat injuries. Most of which were from gunshots, shrapnel or knife wounds. Although, French commanders recognized did his bravery. The Croix de Guerre was awarded to Henry Johnson. He was one of the first Americans to receive this honor.

While on an outpost in the Argonne Forest, he single handedly took on a force of over a dozen enemy soldier. Thus, preventing the capture of a severely wounded comrade. He fired his rifle until it jammed, then used it as a club to beat back his foes. After he splintered the buttstock over an enemy, he pulled out a bolo knife. Johnson went to work and continued to make the enemy pay. “Each slash meant something, believe me,” Johnson would later say. Meaning, it was personal. He was fighting for his life, and that of his fellow soldier.

Eventually, Johnson was able to drag Needham Roberts to safety and passed out when allied troops responded to the battle. He had been shot multiple times, and had much of his frame mauled by explosions. The responding troops counted 4 dead enemies, and over a dozen wounded. Henry Johnson was 5-foot-4 and only weighed 130lbs.