• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1612809545_qwkj3ptudy.jpg

WTF?
There's a lot of fail in this post.

You really know not much about this stuff, do you?

That's an Allison v-1710. It is single staged supercharged. It was also used in a P-38 lightning that added turbochargers.

I won't address the rest of it except to say that you fail this class in a spectacular fashion.
I was going to point him to any of the series of Naca documents discussing superchargers and turbo chargers and super chargers that went into the f4f, f4u, the F6F, P47, and the Allison’s in the P38.

I think that there may not have been any US single seat fighter that was not turbo charged or supercharged depending on the preference of the branch of services

Reactions: clcustom1911
I was going to point him to any of the series of Naca documents discussing superchargers and turbo chargers and super chargers that went into the f4f, f4u, the F6F, P47, and the Allison’s in the P38.

I think that there may not have been any US single seat fighter that was not turbo charged or supercharged depending on the preference of the branch of services
Yeah, and that didn't even get into the bombers, B-17 or B-24 that (like the P-38) were turbosupercharged.

P-40 warhawk

if you can get off to that, more power to you...

Im in the "if it aint filmed in either Germany, Russia or Asia it aint weird enough" camp right now personally... I think that means i have almost reached the end.
(y)I'm old school as well. It has to be Swedish and on a 35mm movie film.