• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Migr.png

this is indeed a motivational thread , for what about I do not know but very motivational and uplifting .

Let's post something positive about America...

View attachment 7594716

I'll probably catch a lot of flack for this but will say it anyway.

I was taught that the flag is not a piece of clothing. It's also fair to say that the folks who founded this country and the original designers of "Old Glory," would not approve of it being worn this way.

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag:

(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

If we don't show respect for our flag then how can we expect anyone, foreign or domestic, to respect the country which it represents? If we don't show respect for the flag then how can we expect anyone to respect our Constitution and the rights codified therein?

I'm sure that you meant well with your posting but I could not let this lapse without saying anything or respectfully expressing my disapproval.

I was taught that the flag is not a piece of clothing. It's also fair to say that the folks who founded this country and the original designers of "Old Glory," would not approve of it being worn this way.

(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

If we don't show respect for our flag then how can we expect anyone, foreign or domestic, to respect the country which it represents? If we don't show respect for the flag then how can we expect anyone to respect our Constitution and the rights codified therein?

I'm sure that you meant well with your posting but I could not let this lapse without saying anything or respectfully expressing my disapproval.
I agree with you Longshot. I wear a flag pin on my work attire, but never as an article of clothing.

#

#virtuesignal noted.

I know it shouldn't be funny, because no doubt the hog died a slow and painful death. But when I saw this gif, the hog on it's knees, cowering but desperate to feed... just hoping to be given grace; all I could think is this is a perfect representation of the left.
My heart just goes out to Timon...

• Haha
Reactions: 502Chevelle