• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

The unfortunate death of Major Andre, Oct. 2, 1780. Engraving by Goldar, 1783, from drawing by Hamilton. 208-LU-25K-7

revolutionary-war-066.jpg

British cartoon criticizing the King's use of Indians in the war, ca. 1780. 111-SC-92711.

revolutionary-war-067.jpg

Triumph of patriotism-Washington entering New York, Nov. 25,1783. Engraving by A.H. Ritchie. 148-GW-334

revolutionary-war-068.jpg

Washington's farewell to his officers. Engraving by Phillibrown from painting by Alonzo Chappel. 148-GW-179

revolutionary-war-069.jpg

The Peace Ball. Painting by Jennie Brownscombe. 148-GW-396

revolutionary-war-070.jpg

Last edited:
Washington resigning his commission at Annapolis, Dec. 23, 1783. Painting by John Trumbull. 16-AD-61

revolutionary-war-071.jpg

A chart of battles, leaders, and congresses during the Revolutionary War. 148-GW-378.

revolutionary-war-072.jpg

New Zealand Soldiers final Retreat after falling in Afghanistan.

Someone may know how to post this so that you can access this without having to cut and paste???

Afghanasthttps://www.google.com/#q=new+zealand+soldiers+farewell+comrades+with+funeral+haka

I found this inspirational.

Last edited:

As a Canadian, we were not taught American History to that amount of detail, in school. Point being, I just learned those details. And yeah, it makes me even more patriotic for your country, than I was previous.

I'll leave all the rest of my seditious thought and ramblings out of this, because even though it is a whole new world,,,, that doesn't mean it has to be.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!!!

Nice job Tucker! God bless America - Semper Fi

Just by chance I am reading this book right now. I am a few chapters in and it is bringing to light a lot that I hadn't already known, seems to be a good read, especially now.

http://www.amazon.com/George-Washingtons-Secret-Six-Revolution/dp/159523103X

Another good read is "His Excellency- George Washington." We probably owe as much to Washington as we do to all the others combined. Well, not quite, but wihout him it unlikely we would have a country.

Yeah, we should probably call him the father of our country or something like that.

I posted this in the tattoo thread last year so pardon the double post, but I am damn proud to fly my flag every day for all to see that I am an AMERICAN!

Sergeant Frank Praytor looks after a two-week old kitten during the height of the Korean War.

350-620x.jpg

I've had this image in my head all day... Honorable, brave, tough, dedicated, patriotic ... all garnished with the compassion to help the weak until they are strong enough to stand on their own. This sums up the kind of people to whom the Founders bequeathed America. Happy 4th!

Great pictures today Tucker.

Cheers,

Sirhr

While the military has Veterans Day and Memorial Day, Independence Day is not just about military service. Almost half of those who fought were simple farmers and shop owners who took up arms and formed their own militia to fight for a way of life they believed in and were not "military soldiers" so to speak and no militia unit ever served in the continental army. This holiday is for all and don't forget to throw a shout out to the French, without their help we would not have succeeded.

Dr. Religa monitors his patient's vitals after a 23 hour long heart transplant surgery. His assistant is sleeping in the corner. [1987]

463-934x.jpg

My favorite one, reminds me of my grandfather. He was like that, old school, though he wasn't specialized he had been in the Navy IIRC, became a general surgeon after he got out. By far the hardest working man i've ever known. Dad had seen him pull 36hrs straight on some cases, said when he got home he could barely stand. Died at 76. Even then went out like the man he was. See funny thing is despite him being a healthcare professional he didn't take his own advice, or live by what he preached so to speak. He wouldn't take his blood pressure medicine because he didn't like the way it made him feel in surgery, well his kidneys eventually failed. I'm not even sure if he made it to dialysis. He much like my father would never live under those conditions. I think he might have done one round and then he told my dad that he was done. So he did what he liked to do in his off time. He went to the levee to see his cows, and that's where dad found him.

150634_4227634570875_1892264830_n.jpg

Last edited: