Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
Last edited:

Numedal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
Norway
You are proving their point. The reason there is a warning in owners manuals about drinking batteries is because the previous generation let their kids drink car batteries, then sued for it which caused the placement of the warning in the first place. And my generation doesn’t need to tune valves anymore because most engines are engineered to accomplish that task automatically now. Again smarter than the previous generation.
If you knew how much time I piss away at work replacing light bulbs, checking tyre pressures and shit like that, you wouldn't make statements like that...

Reactions: jphil108

6Shooter

Private
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2020
    United States
    Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows. Which brings me to the obvious question if that picture should have been posted here at all and should it be removed?

Watermark does not equal copyright. All photos receive copyright when created. If they register it can increase damages is all, but a watermark isn't a requirement of that, and it's not an indicator of registration.

Reactions: lash

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
    Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows. Which brings me to the obvious question if that picture should have been posted here at all and should it be removed?

How am I supposed to read with that in my face? I seriously didn't even see any words

• Haha

ZiaHunter

Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2012
    Southern NM
    EXCEPT for those times the automatically 'tuned' valves don't. Or what I run into now is the 8KW generator needs to have the valve lash adjusted. The young guys don't even know what that means in the owner's manual. If you're one of those young guys, don't feel bad. Most of my generation (boomer) never wrenched either. I started at 6 (years old). You get really strange looks if the conversation ever goes that direction in a board room and you pipe up with specs for valve lash, or dwell, or point gap. It's almost like you are from Mars. What they don't realize is I'm looking at them like they are from Uranus. (most of them are an anus BTW)
    I am a boomer and forever grateful that I learned to work with my hands at an early age. Working on engines, welding and woodworking fascinated me and not only benefitted me in my professional career but provides a great sense of enjoyment to this day. Put myself through college as a welder and mechanic and the things I learned as a kid starting with tearing apart lawn mower engines prepared me for working on large industrial engines by Wauksha and Mini Mo in the oil field. Unfortunately many young folks today never get the opportunity to experience such. Its doubtful many kids today can't even change a flat tire.

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
    Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I am a boomer and forever grateful that I learned to work with my hands at an early age. Working on engines, welding and woodworking fascinated me and not only benefitted me in my professional career but provides a great sense of enjoyment to this day. Put myself through college as a welder and mechanic and the things I learned as a kid starting with tearing apart lawn mower engines prepared me for working on large industrial engines by Wauksha and Mini Mo in the oil field. Unfortunately many young folks today never get the opportunity to experience such. Its doubtful many kids today can't even change a flat tire.

I too am a Boomer and I can do almost anything within reason. I rebuilt my first engine (Ford 302) at the age of 16. I've built additions onto my first house at the age of 22. I was tasked with doing a welding job (aluminum) for my son's high school football program.

We learned to use our hands for constructive causes.

Today's kids only know how to use their thumbs to play games and to type out a text on their phones. Now I know that's not true for all kids today because there are some like my kids that will get their hands dirty. I taught my daughter how to replace the brakes on her car. She was 17. My boys know how to gut a deer and butcher it well enough to not lose any meat.

All my kids know how to maintain an automobile properly.

I kinda fault our generation for not teaching them. Many wanted a better life for their kids, so they wouldn't have to work so hard. The only problem is that these kids never learned to work at all. There in lies the problem.

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
    Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows.

• Neringa has 7,118 followers on her Twitter account and 989.9 thousand followers on her Instagram account.

So apparently, people like to look at her, but no one gives a shit about anything she says.

Bullfrog08

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 6, 2018
    I too am a Boomer and I can do almost anything within reason. I rebuilt my first engine (Ford 302) at the age of 16. I've built additions onto my first house at the age of 22. I was tasked with doing a welding job (aluminum) for my son's high school football program.

We learned to use our hands for constructive causes.

Today's kids only know how to use their thumbs to play games and to type out a text on their phones. Now I know that's not true for all kids today because there are some like my kids that will get their hands dirty. I taught my daughter how to replace the brakes on her car. She was 17. My boys know how to gut a deer and butcher it well enough to not lose any meat.

All my kids know how to maintain an automobile properly.

I kinda fault our generation for not teaching them. Many wanted a better life for their kids, so they wouldn't have to work so hard. The only problem is that these kids never learned to work at all. There in lies the problem.
    Not true. I see plenty of young guys in the trades, and some of them are good at what they do. Not as many as years past, but there are lots of them.