• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1623535530386.png

That's cool....even cooler when you are under NVG's @ 100' AGL in AFG. Not so cool after doing it 100x in AFG.

What's not cool is when the pilot comes in too hot and destroys the drogue basket, or worse he pierces it with the boom.
Brute force breakaway has to be done.

Maybe worse is hitting it too hot and the reel on the C-130 can't pick up the slack quick enough and it makes spaghetti out of the 92' long hose.

No refueling happens on that side and the 130 crew lands with the hose and basket dragging.

Then, maintenance has to fix their fuckup...

Otherwise, yeah it's pretty cool.

What's not cool is when the pilot comes in too hot and destroys the drogue basket, or worse he pierces it with the boom.

Maybe worse is hitting it too hot and the reel on the C-130 can't pick up the slack quick enough and it makes spaghetti out of the 92' long hose.

No refueling happens on that side and the 130 crew lands with the hose and basket dragging.

Someone has Combat Shadow experience.

Yea....Our new guys might do that, but not that often if at all.

Sorry to make a "tech" do their job. I did forget people join the AF and really don't want to learn how to fix their aircraft. LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka

Sorry to make a "tech" do their job. I did forget people join the AF and really don't want to learn how to fix their aircraft. LMAO

Forest Gump types tend to drift toward other services so we experience less less damage to equipment.

I'll just say it's more of a case of arrogant asshat drivers that don't give a shit what they fuck up.
We had a Flight Engineer that fucked up over a half dozen hoses on the ground during preflight.
It's really, really easy to NOT do it.
He didn't give a fuck either.
Well, that is until the commander asked me why I was replacing a third hose that month.
Told him why and he stopped me right there and called the FE in from home.
I was told explicitly not to do anything other than verbal assistance.

After 6 hours of the FEs constant complaints, the job was done.
The CC told him he'd be part of every hose, reel or drogue repair from that date forward if he continued to fuck up shit for other people.

That was the last time it happened.

As far as techs not learning their job, well, that happens all over the world.
We get rid of those types.

Doing "your job" is one thing. Doing shit because people are careless and don't have to fix their fuckups is an entirely different thing.

For those that sit on their high horses and laugh about fucking shit up for other people, they are worse than Democrats.

Sounds like a flight engineer should have slipped and fell down a flight of stairs.
I'll just say it's more of a case of arrogant asshat drivers that don't give a shit what they fuck up.
We had a Flight Engineer that fucked up over a half dozen hoses on the ground during preflight.
It's really, really easy to NOT do it.
He didn't give a fuck either.
Well, that is until the commander asked me why I was replacing a third hose that month.
Told him why and he stopped me right there and called the FE in from home.
I was told explicitly not to do anything other than verbal assistance.

After 6 hours of the FEs constant complaints, the job was done.
The CC told him he'd be part of every hose, reel or drogue repair from that date forward if he continued to fuck up shit for other people.

That was the last time it happened.

As far as techs not learning their job, well, that happens all over the world.
We get rid of those types.

Doing "your job" is one thing. Doing shit because people are careless and don't have to fix their fuckups is an entirely different thing.

For those that sit on their high horses and laugh about fucking shit up for other people, they are worse than Democrats.
I guess we delt with things a little different.