• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1637558874920.png

If you REALLY want to know how a majority, or at least, a VERY large percentage of Americans identify by and what they stand for, the YouTube comments sections of videos covering hot topics are all you need to see...

The comments in this video are almost spectacularly one-sided, despite what the media wants you to think:
biggrin.gif

Rush Limbaugh talked about them using the news and social media to perpetuate the idea that leftist were in the majority opinion when they are not. I think we can tell he pretty well had them dead to rights.

I'd like to dedicate this rant and photos to a couple of good friends that are gone but not forgotten.

CV3B5957edsz.jpg

Bob was a Nam vet that lived near the home I grew up in. I knew him since I was a tiny fart. He was 8 years older than me but never treated me like the little pain in the ass I was. I grew up in scouting and when Bob started an Explorer post dedicated to rock climbing and spelunking, I bounced out of Scouts and into Explorers. We did survival hikes, mapped part of Mammoth Cave, all kinds of crazy shit. When Bob got back from Nam, he was damaged goods in many ways. He needed to be in the wilderness to regain his center so he took minimal outdoor gear and his 270 Winchester, went up north of Vancouver, BC and lived off the land for 2 years, on foot. He drew pictures of wildlife that were incredible. When he came back to our home town, he took a job as gymnastics coach for our high school and joined the Guard. I'd learned basic gun safety from my dad, but I'd learned about shooting accurately on Bob's backyard range. It often pissed him off that I could shoot tighter groups than him, but he kept a good brotherly attitude about it. Bob had a solid reloading room in his house, mostly stocked with Lee equipment. I pumped out quite a bit of ammo, mostly 357 mag, after being mentored by Bob. When Bob left this coil at too young an age, his mother gave me his Lee equipment. May he rest in peace.

Wait, why put up a picture of an LE Wilson trimmer when reminiscing about a guy with a mostly Lee reloading room? Bob liked LE Wilson too, who in their right mind doesn't?

CV3B5955edsz.jpg

Wayne was also a Viet Nam vet. He remained in the Marines after returning, then retired and taught high school on the tough side of town. He really gave the right kind of shit to kids that needed it. He was a great neighbor to my family. We used to help each other out on home projects where four hands are needed. Back in 2005, I told him we were planning to put in a flagstone walkway and patio. He'd been thinking the same thing so we went and picked out pallet loads of stone and shared the delivery costs. Then we helped each other lug that heavy shit around. Multiple injuries, surgeries, rehabs and project expansions later, we just built our last planter (above). I wish Wayne had survived to see it. He died about 5 years ago at age 64, far too young, but his lamp burned brightly.

Wayne was putting together a reloading room back about '08. I loaned a bunch of the stuff I'd inherited from Bob and we started using reloading as an excuse to shoot the shit, hang out and drink beer. Wayne also got pissed when I outshot him, but he also was a good man about it and he worked hard to keep me on my toes. After he died, Wayne's wife was distraught for months. We tried to help but he'd been so much her Rock of Gibraltar, she didn't know how to live without him. Along the way, she made some mistakes she now regrets. She got rid of many of his possessions, and some of mine. Yep, she took the reloading gear to Goodwill. I've been rebuilding since then, piece by piece. I have a Giraud, but finally got around to re-buying the LE Wilson trimmer. Look out, brass, I'm gonna ream your ass, just like Wayne used to do to the problem punks in the high school.