• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Is this the witch from the Wizard of Oz melting?

3905193.jpg
Thought it was little Debbie making a cream puff !

Thank you for sharing.

What a great kid!

If my grandfather was still alive I would share this with him. He fought in France and almost lost his feet to frostbite in Bastogne. His leather wallet with a picture of my grandmother in it stopped a bullet from passing through his lungs. He was a hero in every respect and I'm lucky to have known him. My son carries his name.

Brings tears to ones eyes.

Indeed it does, that young man is some of the reason i still have faith in this country.

I didn't have any family serve in WWII though my grandfather was in the Navy. That said i interviewed a vet who was there at Omaha for a fifth grade project. We had to interview people that we thought were interesting or important. Mr. Aldridge, great man. I'd like to show him this video as well if he were still here. Though he passed at 94 IIRC.

It looks like the ice tilts toward the rock at the end of the scene. I'll bet he just got the sh!t scarred out of him.

There is a video I seen this gif in another forum he does live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lined up for 300 yd Rapid practice at Ft. Bliss around 1962, waiting for Targets Up, when some wiseguy buzzed us at about 50 ft with a F105. Ten Garands immediately swung up and left, with the range officer screaming "Don't you dare, it's one of ours!"

Ivel_86
Thanks for the accurate response on how it ended, instead of posting a poor attempt at humor.

This isnt the video but it is... whatever that means. But this shows the man and the ice seperate as they fall.

edit: this isnt the greatest quality or editied video and for that I am sorry.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P-f7S0YS4Dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Probably out of China Lake, which is right over the mountains... Between China Lake and National Training Center at Irwin... there is lots of cool airpower viewing in that area.

My favorite 'flyby's' were the A10's that used to be at Rome NY and would prowl the hills of upstate, NY. Terrain there was an awful lot like the Fulda Gap West Germany, where everyone expected the balloon to go up at any moment.

Great video! Thanks for posting, Hermosa!

Cheers,

Sirhr

The Blue Note... blue noise for us uneducated types
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uIhTsA4vPj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>