• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

6408D49E-C292-4E01-A0ED-4F80EE51B2AC.jpeg

My step mother's first husband was a ball turret gunner in WWII. Shot down twice. Once behind enemy lines and rescued by the French Underground. I was just talking to her about this a few months ago to try and keep the history alive. She pulled out his silk map. (I can't remember the term for this. It's on the tip of my tongue and even Google won't help.) It's in great shape and I want it when it's time. He kept a diary and it was amazing. We can't find it now. She also stated that he told her they quit using the turret ball gunner for obvious reasons later in the war. IIRC, he moved to tail gunner.
Blood Chit. Not sure but the name maybe only used in pacific and China. There, it was sewn into the leather jacket lining. My dad brought his home and it had the map inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
One extra part laying around?
More than 1.
Where is the backing plate ?
Should the anchor not be at the 6 o'clock position ?
Why is the spring on the backside of the shoes ?
What is that mess between the shoe and the wheel ? whatever it is, it ain't normal.